It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am

RECAP: Free Hands Friday #78 STOMP! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: RECAP: Free Hands Friday #78 STOMP!
Which specific Zoom pedals are y'all talking about when you mention noise? There are any number of them, and some of the comments here just say "the Zoom pedal" or some other generalization. I found that the MS-50G and MS-60B can be anywhere from fairly noisy to not, depending on how you're configuring the patches. Many of the defaults are definitely noisy (someone at Zoom is quite fond of gain).

I'm fine without midi on my Zooms...compact is good. If there's something close to this small that has midi, enlighten me (haven't seen one). Just one man's point of view. :-)

A Boss-o-thon FHF would be a sweet next installment in a series of effects episodes.

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:32 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: RECAP: Free Hands Friday #78 STOMP!
Gusset wrote:
Which specific Zoom pedals are y'all talking about when you mention noise? There are any number of them, and some of the comments here just say "the Zoom pedal" or some other generalization. I found that the MS-50G and MS-60B can be anywhere from fairly noisy to not, depending on how you're configuring the patches. Many of the defaults are definitely noisy (someone at Zoom is quite fond of gain).

I'm fine without midi on my Zooms...compact is good. If there's something close to this small that has midi, enlighten me (haven't seen one). Just one man's point of view. :-)

A Boss-o-thon FHF would be a sweet next installment in a series of effects episodes.

Haha different strokes for different folks, eh? We all have different needs depending on our respective situations...

The MS100 BT is the one I spent the most time with, but to be honest I tinkered around with all of the multi Stomps, and the entire G-series and found the results seriously underwhelming. Sorry, Zoom, But you do not get my cash at this time... lol

Lol and of course the guys at Zoom are gain obsessed, they have to be! Guitarists love distortion, gain and amp modelling... and it is a guitarist's world out there in gear land...

As far as "small" midi enabled multi effects;
Lots out there; Line 6 M5, M9, and M13 have midi, and zero hiss and sound amazing. Guitar Player gave these units excellent reviews. Heck, the Line6 Pod Beans use to have midi right up until the HD series. The Behringer V-Amp 1,2, and 3 had midi and actually sounded not too bad. Strymon and Eventide are midi enabled. Digitech, etc etc...

Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:08 am