It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Free Hands Friday - STEVE ADELSON 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Free Hands Friday - STEVE ADELSON
I had to stop watching the YouTube video for dinner, which I am delaying to post this. As sorry as I am that I missed Steve, the depth of my forgetfulness with regard to feeling means that I would not have had anything to add.

Hopefully, there will be room for me after my second prototype guitar (not yet funded) is tuned like the melody side of a Grand Stick in 12 String Classic. It is as close as I will get to owning a Stick for many months, if not years.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:04 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Lee Vatip wrote:
Mike the strength of The Stick is not compromised. I had it done on both my fretless Sticks. Only problem is I haven't explored that aspect nearly enough. This could be the motivational moment
Steve

Thanks Steve. I may try it on my "FrankenStick" that I have already altered some.

Mike

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:07 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

kevin-c wrote:
wish I was there...dang.

Mega Dittos on that! What a great session.
Sorry to have missed it but our super tech service only showed up yesterday to replace the faulty router in our building.
I think they operate at the speed of smell over here!

Cheers,
Eric

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:20 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Sheet..!

LeeVatip thanks for a 1 hour remote chat.!!

I watched this after a long weekend outa town and was in a perfectly mellow way to take all this in.

The reality check on fretless Stick, well that was enlightening and probably cured me, at least partially, from my GAS.

Still the virtues of fretless are clear.

Right before going to University, I had a lesson on the difference between extensions and alterations.

CREATIVE MUSIC. The idea that as Stick players we need to cover songs in different ways, as well as playing cello parts and the like. PRICELESS

Great to see you and Tommy Emmanuel go to hang, all great players hanging out...

Luv Y'All

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Great stuff! I love the community in this!

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:57 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Stickrad wrote:
The reality check on fretless Stick, well that was enlightening and probably cured me, at least partially, from my GAS.

Still the virtues of fretless are clear.

At least for now, this is the most significant thing I learned. I have thought about it every day since I saw the hangout (one day late); it has given me a new perspective on frets which is quite beneficial as I consider the neck for my prototype guitar (reading Emmett's patent for the Rails also gives great perspective on the function of frets).

Last edited by Robstafarian on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

So I can see this on Youtube , thats cool. Home from work for a month on Wednesday so I think its time to check in at the hang outs and get fired up again, if this last one was anything like my lessons with Steve there is enough to keep you thinking for quite a while.
b :D :ugeek:

Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

There was a quick conversation that I had with Steve after the video, I asked him about one-note samba. I was having some difficulty in approaching how to solo over that. Steve summed it up in like 10 minutes, it was inspiring.

I literally had to sit down and find a pen to write out the knowledge he was laying on me.

Free Hands Fridays are not intended to replace a 1:1 lesson. Rather, they are intended as a springboard for them. A private lesson is hands down the quickest way to level up your playing. TRAINING IN GENERAL is highly recommend for anything you want to increase the quality of or do more efficiently. Sounds silly saying that, but it's sillier wondering why we stagnate in our performance and technique in the absence of it.

When I look at the amount of time spent training people in IT, as PMs or in Sales, it's not uncommon to see 15 - 20% of their day invested in doing so. Getting in at the ground level with good training is fundamental for your one year plan as well as your five year plan.

You could equate it to getting the highest grade of unleaded fuel when you gas up your car. You pay a little more, but you get there faster for the same amount of time it takes to fill up.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:14 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

How do I register for or enrol in free hands Friday? Is this skype?

Sun May 25, 2014 6:14 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Blomrj wrote:
How do I register for or enrol in free hands Friday? Is this skype?

It is a Google+ Hangout. The various Free Hands Friday announcements include contact information for requesting an invitation.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 26, 2014 12:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next