It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 am

Excerpt from Liq Nix show (8/5/16) 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Excerpt from Liq Nix show (8/5/16)
https://www.facebook.com/christal.lepak ... 955248090/

Hi guys. Our show at WQLN in Erie, Pa. went really well. The only down side was how humid the weather was. My fingers felt very sticky and it made me self conscious about pulling them off the strings cleanly. And I noticed a few mistriggers where my synth pick up was concerned. Any kind of distraction takes away some of the carefree attitude I prefer to cultivate in myself, but over all the music was received well by a pretty decent crowd at an outside event 1/2 an hour after a rain storm. There was early talk of moving it inside, but I am glad we held out against that. I found out later that the inside option would have us in a studio and the audience watching us on a live feed in another room. That would have been a bummer to me.

Someone captured a song with their phone and posted it to our facebook page. I provided a link above that will hopefully work for those interested. I will let you know when the program airs and can then be watched elsewhere, like on youtube or something. The phone sound quality isnt bad for a phone, but the TV station recorded us through a multitrack computer software that should be mixed and sound killer along with 4 different camera angles to choose from.

Tons of fun for us!

Mike

PS. Let me know if it doesn't work and I will try something else.

Last edited by mike kemp on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:53 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Excerpt from Liq Nix show (8/5/15)
Hey man! Thanks for sharing, this was really cool to check out!

1) It blows my mind more folks haven't checked this out and commented. Lol I guess people are busy, eh?

2) The guys in your band are really good, and what you play really adds to the whole project, so yeah... Nice work! I find that it can be a war with certain types of guitarists, so it's cool you found a 'spot'.

3) Midi triggering is a different animal, eh? You almost have to treat the glitches and mid-triggers as part of the 'tone' and try to put them in as if they were supposed to be there... Lol easier said than done, though, eh?

4) That feeling of derailment interfering with being able to play freely... Man do I hate that. You seemed to do pretty good though, man!

Post more?

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:38 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Nice to hear a band with a singer that can actually sing.

The Radnecks

http://www.theradnecks.com

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:11 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

From what I can hear, it sounded like a nice, tight jazzy time. Often times performers are more critical than listeners.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:43 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thanks for the replies guys!

@Jayesskerr--a special thanks for the detailed response. In the band, we work at not stepping on each others toes. The music is vocally driven. The guy is an awesome singer and poet and he dominates any stage at a height of 6 ft 8 inches tall.(Michael Bernier and Luc Bergeron will not completely appreciate that last statement) In the context of our whole show you will see a n extended guitar solo, drum solo, and I attempt a few solos(though I am still fairly new at it). The only complaint I have about this project is that we don't get together enough... so writing comes slowly. I got to answer a slew of questions after the show about the Stick. And that was cool. I hope more musicians in my area will give it a try.

@sacrosanct--I will convey your comments to the singer. But frankly he doesn't need to hear it. It would benefit him much more to hear things like, "how punctual you are" or "it is cool how you are so comfortable letting the music happen in between verses" :lol:

And thank you too, Sagehalo for your comment. I didn't see it till after I posted the above comments.

Mike

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:52 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: Excerpt from Liq Nix show (8/5/16)
Someone has brought to my shame faced attention that I originally titled this post as 8/5/ fifteen instead of sixteen 16. That may explain to Jayesskerr why folks haven't viewed and or replied to this sooner. :oops: This show was last night, not last year!!! :lol:

Mike

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Bahahah funny!

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:27 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Really liked this Mike. The whole band sounds tight and nice. Congrats!

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:49 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thank you Rodrigo. Tightness is something we try for, though I think it is more apparent in this particular song because of the rests during the fills on the chorus.

I can't wait to get some better footage to post.

Mike

Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

mike kemp wrote:
My fingers felt very sticky

Great name for a solo album! Hey, cool Mike, looking forward to more!

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery