It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

Pseudo-Busking 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Pseudo-Busking
I dropped my kid off at Sunday school and went to the local shopping area to see if it would be a good spot to plop down and play. There was a terraced area with fountains that seemed out of the way, so I brought the battery powered amp out and ran through what I know sans vocals. I wanted to blend in a bit, since nobody agreed to Sunday morning music. So that's what it was for 45-minutes. One server on a break said I made her day and a male patron said it was very nice, very nice music.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:10 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Pseudo-Busking
Funny I did exactly the same thing yesterday at a local Sunday morning market. Mailed them before hand and he just looked at my page and said cool , come along. Had a really nice time just playing stuff and chatting to people. Kept it unobtrusive and folks said it was a relaxing backdrop. Used the little Roland KC 110 battery amp with is fine with the Alto Stick. Scoping out more places to go during the week after the school runs. As a bonus I went home with enough for a tank of fuel!

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Someday Ill do that. Looking forward to it. Wish I had run into both of you. Would have been cool to hear and see.

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Yep, summer's here soon. Time to get back out there! (I've been a bit soft over winter....)

Cheers,

Tim

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:00 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Great to hear Dan and Bruce. My story was I tried out of the JPL's got talent. There were some other people there playing music, a girl doing some pretty fantastic hula hoop work, a trio that sang the Pokemon theme, a juggler (who was really good, I do NOT want to go on after him), and me.

I made it.

Actually, everyone made it as there were 8 people brave enough to audition. So here's to getting out there and getting it done! Thanks for the inspiration Daniel! :D

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:20 am
Profile My Photo Gallery