It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

Live performance on Reddit Sessions 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Live performance on Reddit Sessions
On 5/29 I did a one hour live performance on Reddit Sessions the new streaming component of Reddit. It was mostly improv (noodling) to test the video and audio. Not having played live much, except at the seminars, I was a little nervous. I've been doing the off the cuff playing for years and I was pretty comfortable mentally with my playing. I even worked in two of my original songs.

A few times I got some serious finger shakes, but I was able to work through it. There were many live texts, mostly positive, but there are haters everywhere. I continually told the audience that I was playing a Chapman Stick (it was listed in the title). Got a lot of KC references.

Overall, it was a fun experience. I got to work through my jitters. I am looking at myself on my iphone as I'm playing. I have pretty scary stick face. I tested my gear. I am ready to go again.

According to Reddit, I had 30.8K viewers over the hour I played. If I had known that while I was playing, lol.

Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Live performance on Reddit Sessions
Louis?

Sat May 30, 2020 7:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

muman wrote:
On 5/29 I did a one hour live performance on Reddit Sessions the new streaming component of Reddit. It was mostly improv (noodling) to test the video and audio. Not having played live much, except at the seminars, I was a little nervous. I've been doing the off the cuff playing for years and I was pretty comfortable mentally with my playing. I even worked in two of my original songs.

A few times I got some serious finger shakes, but I was able to work through it. There were many live texts, mostly positive, but there are haters everywhere. I continually told the audience that I was playing a Chapman Stick (it was listed in the title). Got a lot of KC references.

Overall, it was a fun experience. I got to work through my jitters. I am looking at myself on my iphone as I'm playing. I have pretty scary stick face. I tested my gear. I am ready to go again.

According to Reddit, I had 30.8K viewers over the hour I played. If I had known that while I was playing, lol.

Well its Reddit so you’re gonna get all kinds of response [emoji1782].good on you for giving it a go !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sat May 30, 2020 9:39 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

This is in fact Louis. As you can see from my avatar, I've had a little facial surgery. There were no snide comments from the gathered redditors.

Sat May 30, 2020 2:37 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

How ya been? It's been a while

Sat May 30, 2020 8:40 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I've been playing a lot. Writing original songs. Can't seem to learn the covers. I get frustrated and quit the song. With the originals, I just keep working at it until it is done. I even sing on a song. I used to sing really well, but that was a long time ago

I play as much as I can. Just got to a point where it had to be done. Play or get rid of all the gear. I have lots of time. I'm retired and live in Texas.

I wanted to play out more, but can't do much right now. I am working on a new looping rig just for at home. Too much gear to haul around. I will get a smaller looper so I can do it live.

Sun May 31, 2020 10:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hey man - it's the internet, and some folks are going to be dicks. Keep on plugging away and you'll find that each showing is easier (and better) than the last!

Sun May 31, 2020 12:55 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Did my third performance this am 6/12. I got about 400 unique listeners, which was better than a week ago when I got 150. I was more nervous than usual. I added an Echoplex Digital Pro looper and a EHX 95000 looper to my setup as well as a Proteus XL-1 sound module and midi keyboard.

Looping is the direction I'm moving in. I like the ability to take basic song structures, record them live and expand them in real time. I figure if I keep playing live on the internet, the worst that can happen is I'll get really tired of looking at my face in the monitor. Or I could get better at playing.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:58 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery