It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:26 pm

Street gig with the Bose L1 compact 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Street gig with the Bose L1 compact
Well I just got back from my hometown's pedestrian zone (the old town in fact) where all the shops had a big fair. I played in front of our one and only (and last) record store, from 2 to 5 pm. This gave me the opportunity to test my new Bose L1 compact in the real world and... WOW! That baby's a monster. The volume was turned up at no more than 50% of the available power and everything was loud, clear, perfectly defined and thoroughly projected all over the place. I had the system behind me. No feedback, no problems. Brilliant sound. Now the details about the setup. I have the melody side plugged into a zoom multieffects and the bass side into a TC Nova multiband (FABULOUS) compressor. These 2 channels are plugged into the stereo input of the Bose Tonematch (small mixing console, with recallable scenes, a bit like the QSC touchmix, although not as sophisticated). My mike is plugged in one of the mic inputs of the Tonematch. The main (mono) output of the Tonematch goes into the L1 compact's line input and that's it.

So, not only does that system sound awesome, it's LIGHTWEIGHT!! And fast to setup.

I think this is definitely the best solution for any singing stickist.

(I am not endorsed by Bose, of course)

Keep playing live

Olivier

Sat May 30, 2015 8:52 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Street gig with the Bose L1 compact
Great to hear that you are so satisfied with your purchase. I've been a Bose fan ever since my dad came home with a new Bose stereo system over twenty years ago. In fact, I still use the speakers in our living room.

I would like to have a setup very similar to what you describe, one day. One of the downsides to playing in a loud rock band is hauling around my bass and melody side amps. My hiatus from serious gigging did nothing to alleviate my disdain for lugging gear. (Stairs are my arch-nemesis)

The Radnecks

http://www.theradnecks.com

Sat May 30, 2015 9:30 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Sacrosanct wrote:
I would like to have a setup very similar to what you describe, one day. One of the downsides to playing in a loud rock band is hauling around my bass and melody side amps. My hiatus from serious gigging did nothing to alleviate my disdain for lugging gear. (Stairs are my arch-nemesis)

Consolidating your rig can increase your sound quality while significantly reducing the size and weight of your haul. If you have a budget to overhaul you rig, then please create a thread in the Equipment section wherein the depth of my response will not constitute a derail. ;)

Sat May 30, 2015 3:35 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Man, between the community activity/gathering and being positioned outside a record store, that sounds like a great time, Olivier!

I think I may have to investigate the Bose Tonematch...

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Sat May 30, 2015 4:39 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Rob, you can start your own threads, you know... ;)

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Sat May 30, 2015 5:17 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Oliver,

Glad to hear this worked out for you so well.IMHO, as time goes by, your gear should get smaller and lighter! Lucky technology has made this possible. Great to get gear reports "from the field"

Let's work on the endorsement from Bose! You deserve it!
thanks for the post,
Dave B "DBro"

Sat May 30, 2015 6:27 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

One funny thing about the Bose Tonematch. It has all kinds of presets for microphones, guitars, basses, a.s.o. The preset that works the best with the stereo input in which I plug boths sides of my Stick (AFTER multi effects and compression) is...... Accordion! Of course I gave it a little eq tweak. But it does the job, really well indeed.

Sun May 31, 2015 12:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Yeah, I had a tough decision to make , either to go with my QSC setup, or the Bose... I chose QSC, perhaps just because it is more of what I have been used to, in my years of playing... However, the multi-instrumentalist in my fusion band, runs his wind synth, saxes, guitar, guitar synth through a stereo Bose system and the sound is just Amazing!!! I love the setup, the sound and its flexibility.

Sun May 31, 2015 9:13 am
Contributor
Contributor

Olivier wrote:
One funny thing about the Bose Tonematch. It has all kinds of presets for microphones, guitars, basses, a.s.o. The preset that works the best with the stereo input in which I plug boths sides of my Stick (AFTER multi effects and compression) is...... Accordion! Of course I gave it a little eq tweak. But it does the job, really well indeed.

Geez, it's like they don't design this stuff with the Stick in mind.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Radnecks

http://www.theradnecks.com

Sun May 31, 2015 10:30 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Olivier wrote:
my friend refers to his accordian as his "stomach Steinway" so yeah, full-range preset. i stll like my "desk" presets the best in my POD X3 Live. glad yer havin a good time with it, Oliver.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:48 am
Profile My Photo Gallery