It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Why do you use mirrored 4ths? Pros and cons... 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Why do you use mirrored 4ths? Pros and cons...
...update available...

Quote:
...it seems like you're addressing a variety of people and their points...

...yes and no, I adressed at the points of a variety of people...
...the used names were the headliners, IMHO...

Quote:
...you are contrary just for the sake of being contrary, right from the first post...

...may be like this, but only if some mega-outputs here happen in sake of beeing a monster poster on this forum...

Quote:
...after I am asking for peace...

...nobody made war here, it's a discussion, an exchange of ideas and opinions...
...but don't worry, peace is the best ever, uncontradicted...

Quote:
forum post, lots of stuff can be taken in the wrong way.

...yes indeed, just have a look at the story of Babylon...
...hence even the smartest brain is able to stand in the fog with three legs...

ReyStick wrote:
...My brother always told me my mouth would get me in trouble. ...

...what a wise brother you have, let's hope there will be much more such bros and sisters...

...yes, the chat is displeasing, not just now, since a longer time, and? What to do? Sweep all under the carpet, yes? Well become...
...but stop discussion is the initial of divorce, discussion and respect are the breath of human relationship...

...lets take the list of the sparkles of the week, most of this statements wasn't lending itself to an end of discourse and wasn't suitable to convey and maintain friendship...
...stop now, in sake of convenience, no boys, that's to simple, to cheap...at least as long as every piece-offering contains the next knock down...

...if this community or some members thereof make me the king's jester here, the successor of Tritone, ok, I accept it...but you have to endure the results of my work...

...good news, you all have a exclusive and mighty weapon, just ignore it...I used and use this weapon very often in this forum and outside, last time in this threat after my third post (Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:25 pm) on page four...

...many thanks to Josh for his constructive and patient posting...
...many thanks to all for reading and not excluding me from friendship...

Balt-A-Sar

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:23 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

ReyStick wrote:
My brother always told me my mouth would get me in trouble.

If you are going to quote the opening line of "Secret Sorority Orgy 3" you really should give proper attribution

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

begin again wrote:
ReyStick wrote:
My brother always told me my mouth would get me in trouble.

If you are going to quote the opening line of "Secret Sorority Orgy 3" you really should give proper attribution
Gag

RoknRol

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

So all this discussion, as well as the "tap hack" videos in another thread has convinced me to give mirrored 4ths another try. Strings are on order!

Thanks for the great info everyone, even if the messages did go off rails a bit.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Has anyone tried 12-string M4 tuning down a whole step? So that the lowest string is D instead of E?

Kind regards,
-e.

Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:56 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ezra wrote:
Has anyone tried 12-string M4 tuning down a whole step? So that the lowest string is D instead of E?

I've considered that, one advantage would be the ability to get the common major/minor chord voicings on the low bass E that you can get on the other lower pitches. But ultimately I like the balance with the melody being the same as Matched Reciprocal, and the octave inlay relationship between the bass and melody sides that occurs when starting on low bass E on the bass side.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:49 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

robmartino wrote:
Ezra wrote:

I've considered that, one advantage would be the ability to get the common major/minor chord voicings on the low bass E that you can get on the other lower pitches. But ultimately I like the balance with the melody being the same as Matched Reciprocal, and the octave inlay relationship between the bass and melody sides that occurs when starting on low bass E on the bass side.

Interesting. Thanks, Rob.

-e.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:55 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13