It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:08 pm

OK, going to give the darkside a try 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: OK, going to give the darkside a try
Boaz wrote:
personally i think that the 5th/4th tuning is simply genius

so i would stick to my RMR urine..i mean tuning

oh, it's certainly nothing to take away from that - and I can dig the reasons why
but I also dig that Mr Chapman also decided to call the tuning "classic" as opposed to "standard"

I mean there's even support for players using straight M3!!!

It one thing that I really resonate with, even if my practice isn't where it should be -- I'm allowed and encouraged to try..and that includes frank discussion of benefits and demerits..which I REALLY APPRECIATE
Even if it's "well, I think its a dead end" it seemed tempered with "but go take the walk and see"

This day and age we all got enough people trying to tell us who we are supposed to be...I never really did too well with that authority trip.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:11 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ahhh, a Dodgeball reference. One of the great American comedies!

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:20 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Well, I think that if a tuning "works" for you or appeals to you more than another one even on the subtlest of levels then one needs to pursue that. Whatever gets you playing, and whatever keeps a person interested.

I also think that great things come from very humble beginnings, and that approach is everything when you are learning an instrument. If it seems too difficult, it probably is. If learning a tune feels like you are splitting the atom then there is something wrong. Horribly wrong.

As Stickists we're really good at discussing the "possibilities" and "potentials" that the instrument has...

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:02 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

There was a point with clasic[al guitar where things became...grim for me

where I started to get that hot stiff neck during practice - don't gt me wrong. I sill love that music and sound.
but for my own personal enrichment, I don't want to go back there (oh sure, there's the occasional tough practice session to power through, but as a lifestyle...I think it defeats the purpose of my exercise)

---------------

Current status : left hand still acting up, missed first velodrome race of the season too :(
I'm not competitive (neither in mindset nor in tactical significance :oops: ) , it's just an excuse to go zooooommm. The other riders just make for interesting gamespace topologies and are me slacking prevention

so practice is slow and right handd (which was mainly on the 4ths anyway, but it gives me achace to look at the bass section on RH so I don't lock in" on sides too too much)

Fri May 10, 2019 11:50 am