It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 QSC Touchmix thread 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: QSC Touchmix thread
By the way, I have to say that Mackie's marketing shtick is fun...

http://youtu.be/UkLchidlU_c

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Right you are Oli. I feel a session coming on with a spotlight on mixers! We are still hoping to get some time with you and all that you do. Let me know if ever we can sneak in a few minutes between gigs with you.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Just got a Touchmix 16. Will use it on rehearsals on thursdays and gig on monday for the first time. Seems like it has rather good converters. Better than I thought it would have. Sounds great. Much better than my Yamaha 01V96. That will be sold now..... Small, light and well built. Hope it can handle some abuse. More after I´ve used it live.

-Mobilis in mobil-

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I also heard that they are working on a bigger version. 24 channels and/or perhaps even a 32 channel version. But it won´t come out during 2016 most likely. More than a year away what I was told. The 12 and 16 channel versions have enough processor power so they´ll be able update the firmware and also add stuff for quite some time. So it´s not very likely that they´ll update these mixers when it comes to hardware/prestanda in the near future either. A year or more at least it seems. But one never knows. I´ve heard that before and all of a sudden there is a new updated version on the market...... :o :lol: :lol: But that was what I was told.....

-Mobilis in mobil-

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:51 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I have to say the TM16 is very good. Until now it has proven to be reliable and a no brainer to use.

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:53 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post QSC Touchmix thread
Yeah it's easy to figure out. Gets hot tho. But I like it so far. And my back LOVES it! [emoji23][emoji106]

-Mobilis in mobil-

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:39 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post QSC Touchmix thread
Hot it gets, indeed. The function that really makes it stand out is the multitrack recording on a SSID drive. Brilliant for keeping trackS of your live performances.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

BSharp wrote:
How about live stereo up and down?

+ 1 for "vertical"! :-)

I played a bunch of surround gigs in a duo a few years ago and we had our rig set up for 8 speakers surrounding the audience. At one concert hall in Istanbul, that was more like dance club, they had four channels on the floor and four channels on the balcony five meters up. We quickly rerouted the rig at soundcheck and played with "vertical surround" (stage in center at the sweet-spot) and it was a very nice experience.

I've also done dance floor gigs (with a club act) playing wireless electric guitar through the ceiling system and was awesome as well - wherever you kept running the sound always came directly down at you. Very different compared to floor monitoring cans.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Olivier wrote:
Hot it gets, indeed. The function that really makes it stand out is the multitrack recording on a SSID drive. Brilliant for keeping trackS of your live performances.

Can you recommend a good SSID drive that works? I will use it for recording a great deal. Starting at the next gig on monday. :)

-Mobilis in mobil-

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:27 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Jan, you'll find a list of the compatible SSID drives on QSC's website in the Touchmix section. I chose one of them and it works perfectly. Have fun!

Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next