It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 am

Boss GT-100 And the Chapman Stick... 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Boss GT-100 And the Chapman Stick...
Aha! A pair also! I stand corrected! lol I knew you were using one for sure. Too cool.

You know, those would be perfect for a seminar or workshop. They look pretty easy to travel with, too...

I think I am gonna go order myself a pair today...

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:56 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Again, the Boss GT-1. New item, BATTERY or wall-wart, assignable f/s's for effects train pre-sets, smaller footprint, anyone try one yet? Jay, I'm just busting your chops, someone's gotta do it.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:45 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

AnDroiD wrote:
Again, the Boss GT-1. New item, BATTERY or wall-wart, assignable f/s's for effects train pre-sets, smaller footprint, anyone try one yet? Jay, I'm just busting your chops, someone's gotta do it.

Yes, also very cool. Haven't had the pleasure of trying out yet, but I will soon...

lol No worries, my chops are completely busted, you can see it in the video bahaha all good

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:54 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

great tour of your rig you are currently using. I personally at this point wont be going for pairs of units as Im happy with my set up so far. I havent been so happy with multi effects yet. Ill keep trying things out though.

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:58 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jayesskerr wrote:
Aha! A pair also! I stand corrected! lol I knew you were using one for sure. Too cool.

You know, those would be perfect for a seminar or workshop. They look pretty easy to travel with, too...

I think I am gonna go order myself a pair today...

Yep, travel was one of the things on my mind. I have this carbon fiber case being made for the railboard, that will have two small slots: one for each - I'm a very stable guy when it comes to gear, once I find what I like I stay for years with it ;) another point in favor is the mic line in with phantom power, Seems made on purpose for the railboard!

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Work in Progress (WIP): stacked ME80 in tool box.

Missed the clearance needed on power strip to leave the adapters plugged in putting it in the box.

Bottom drawers removes and exchanges for Zoom B3 with expression pedal (more WIP)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deep red railboard grand

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:44 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Very, very cool Stickbam. Consider that idea totally stolen! lol

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:22 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ok, just bought me a 3rd Boss Gt 001. Now I have a spare of everything important for a gig (minus an extra stick - but that will change next year, if everything works out). Plus, they are really cheap - 170€ for a top multi fx?

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:22 pm
Contributor
Contributor

how does the GP-10 compare with the GT-001 / GT-100? Was thinking about getting the GP-10 and later adding the pick-up...

Probably need to do a Freehands Friday on the Boss line.

#6877 Rosewood, 12 String Grand, PASV-4, turquoise linear inlays and Pearl Gray tuners, tuned in Mirrored 4ths

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:04 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

ArmyDoc wrote:
how does the GP-10 compare with the GT-001 / GT-100? Was thinking about getting the GP-10 and later adding the pick-up...

Probably need to do a Freehands Friday on the Boss line.

Well, here is my opinion although I am no FreehandsFriday'er.

Well, I have tried one with my guitar ( I have a 13 pin Godin Multiac guitar) and I have to say that it is, much , much nicer than the GR55. The actual guitar patches and modelling come from the GT100, so that is a lot nicer; the modelling on the GR55 blows. Plus, no intelligent pitch shifting on the GR55; THAT sucks... Yes, the GR55 has more synth options. That doesn't help if it sounds bad. My best success with the GR55 comes when I blend the synth aspect way beneath the 'guitar' or bass signal.

You can use this unit without a 13 pin cable, but a lot of the features aren't available. The thing that I really don't like? No midi. Making these units talk to one another onstage without having to purchase yet another pedal (USB to midi) is infuriating. C'mon Boss/Roland! Midi implementation is cheap. So is the circuitry, so is the ports and the real estate on the pedal itself.

No midi. I would have bought one of these already to replace the GR55, but it doesn't talk to the other units. And as it stands, the GT-100 is an absolute tone/FX monster with a LOT of options with which to control one's effects/parameters so as to make music. Plus, the GP unit has a lot of functions that each of the 4 control buttons and the expression pedal can do. Kind of overcomplicates things in my opinion; The GT100 although quite a bit bigger has more dedicated buttonry, which I like/need.

Editing menus on the GT-100 are a breeze. They really simplified it. But both the GT series and the GP-10 can program new tones on your computer via usb. I like that a lot. The GT-001 is a perfect desktop solution; compact and handy for recording/practice. As far as I can tell, the same sonically as the GT-100, just much smaller and less 'foot oriented'. Also, the xlr jack is nice, BUT... no midi either, so if making "two" of these switch simultaneously is your thing, one is out of luck...

My .002

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:33 am