It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

Amps revisited 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Amps revisited
Jzzb8ovn wrote:
I am using studio monitors for home but want to get some QSC K12.2 s soon like in the next few weeks. I have a Keith Mcmillen Kmix which I love.
It seems the QSC K12's are very much favored and that's what I own. I just purchased a Behringer 1202fx mixer. Cheap enough to try out for a hundred bucks. My problem though, is I'm not really sure how to set everything up. I've read the instructions several times, but I am still unsure of the proper way to arrange everything so I will have to try plugging A into B, and if that doesn't work, I'll move along lol.
TappistRT wrote:
The more I play Stick, the more it seems that a FRFR/mini PA setup is really where it sounds at home, to my ears.
Well that seems to confirm (at least in my mind!) that I'm heading in the right direction... or at least not too far off base. I have nothing to compare to because I drum, so my previous experience with amps/PA's/guitars is quite limited.
willowhaus wrote:
Re: Carvin, they're going out of business. Their Facebook page has the announcement, and the web page is having a 25% off clearance sale, all sales final.
I tried to go online on their website to see about the AG300 acoustic amp but it leads me in circles with no way to view the amps or prices. I'll try calling them Monday. It might be worthwhile picking one up to try it out. I'm sure if it doesn't sound good to my ears, then I can sell it.

Thanks for the info everyone. If someone can give me the "Cliff Notes" version on how to set up the Behringer mixer, with my VG-99 and the QSC 12's, I'd appreciate it!

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:38 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

RandO wrote:
If someone can give me the "Cliff Notes" version on how to set up the Behringer mixer, with my VG-99 and the QSC 12's, I'd appreciate it!

Got it! A guitar friend of mine came by and we figured it out. I have a lot to learn but I am getting nice fx on the bass side now. I just have to play with it for a while and get what I want for sound.

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:33 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I use many different amps and cabs but what I always do is to slap a low-cut on the melo side. _That is to prevent electro-magnetic cross talk of the sub bass from the bass side's lowest strings going into the melody side amplification. This simple trick clears up the sound so much, both on dodgy street amps and on the highest spec gear.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:50 am
Profile My Photo Gallery