It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Line 6 HX Stomp Discussion 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Line 6 HX Stomp Discussion
I've been using the HX Stomp for about a month now and am very, very impressed with its tone-shaping capabilities. I've got a PASV4-equipped Stick and have managed to dial in a pretty decent, gritty, vintage P Bass sound and a nice, warm, bluesy guitar tone using only an amp/cab block for each side and nothing else.

Here's a short intro clip from a demo I'm working on. The bass side is going through the Tuck N' Go amp/cab combination block, and the melody side through the Mandarin 80. It was played live into GarageBand over some simple drum programming I created using Matt Chamberlain drum samples. I had to tweak the Stomp defaults considerably, but I found the sounds I wanted, especially for the bass, using very little.

https://soundcloud.com/thebizon/bizon-c ... ip/s-9QRDI

I’ve been trying to achieve that ‘bass and guitar’ sound on the Stick for years, and I feel with the combination of the PASV4 and the HX Stomp, I might have finally found what I’ve been looking for in the smallest package I could imagine.

I’d love to hear examples of anyone else’s experience with the Stomp. Happy to share patches as well.

Last edited by bizon on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:45 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Line 6 HX Stomp Patches For Stick
I've been waiting for this! Thanks for sharing this. HEY RANDY! Has Randy heard? He's one of the other HX Stomp personalities out there exploring this pedal.

I had to pull back on my HX Stomp migration as my 12 x 17 board was no big enough and I really did NOT want to get a bigger board, right? That's the whole reason I got this pricey little beast.

How I would love to saunter into the gig with just the HX stomp, two 20' cable, a Stick cable and just go right into the board. Heck, you could probably get this to work in mono too, just configure it in the pedal itself.

I will be checking this out later this week - looking forward to it. Thanks a ton for sharing.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Pleasure!

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:55 am

Here's a DBR Grand Stick with the ACTV-2. One patch, three tracks. Both sides into the Fender Twin amp and cab model. Deluxe Phaser on bass, Hedgehog OD and delay on the lead.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:11 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

ermagherd please keep this going...

Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Nice tones, John!

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:47 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

very cool
(hey gene, ever thing about resurrecting stich tech, maybe as an umbrella..if someone had time a demo of the HX stomp/effects for stick would be cool)

I'm a little confused by something - I've seen demos and the demos are always programming on-panel.
Is there a (personal computer) editor app like there is for other line 6 products?
this one sure seems like it could use it

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:00 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

oh second question.
is it difficult to set up a fully split routing (doesn't sound it from the example)
and can you get the 2 FX loops to work independently (one in Path A for melody side, the other in path B for bass side)?

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:03 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Line 6 HX Stomp Patches For Stick
begin again wrote:

I'm a little confused by something - I've seen demos and the demos are always programming on-panel.
Is there a (personal computer) editor app like there is for other line 6 products?
this one sure seems like it could use it

Yes... HX Edit. The pedal must be plugged in for it to work.

I just traded my X3 Live in for one of these. Have yet to even plug it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:43 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

begin again wrote:
oh second question.
is it difficult to set up a fully split routing (doesn't sound it from the example)
and can you get the 2 FX loops to work independently (one in Path A for melody side, the other in path B for bass side)?

The Stomp is ridiculously easy to edit using the HX Edit software on your computer. To split route, simply add a Split Y at the beginning of the chain, pan left and right, and there you go. You can then process each side of The Stick separately, but you're limited to 3 blocks per side, or 6 total in whichever configuration you like.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next