It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 TAGG 3.0 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: TAGG 3.0
Jzzb8ovn wrote:
Is the design a public domain thing or is there a patent on it? I’ve only seen Kevin C s tagg and I seem to remember it was plywood. I’d be interested in making my own as I have access to the machinery to do it

I'm not showing anything for him as either inventor or assignee
I don't think it would have been particularly economically advantageous as the market is small enough and I doubt anyone in the actual stick community would care to make predatory copies

But as it develops, it still would be nice to get a blessing from the designer

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I’m if no help on the creation/production front but I’d be interested in buying one if it ever does come to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm definitely in need of a stand mounted solution. Count this as a me-too! I'm fairly certain whatever the greater handy-stickists come up with will be better than anything I can cobble up.
Ken

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:05 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

You're basically relying on the Belt hook. If you can make a snake that is rigid you can move the stick anywhere you want.
Attachment:
3P816_AS01 (1).jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:59 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Ie. lay it flat, turn it up, 45, or 90 degrees, move it around, and keep your center of gravity.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:25 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I can put my stick anywhere I want and it won't fall down. I can play it like a keyboard, move it, and play it like a guitar, or anything that I can think of, as long as I can keep the center of mass.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:28 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

the Tagg is great. It was only a matter of time before a 3D version could be realized. The original version is made from oak, a very strong hardwood.
This device can be easily reverse engineered if you are are handy with wood. I'll see if i can post some close ups with dimensions.
standby.

cheers,
k

Sat May 04, 2019 8:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'm really interested in one of these so I can easily switch back and forth between Stick and guitar, with looping.

With a TAGG, I'm imagining I could wear my guitar, then walk up to the Stick and play it while it's free-standing.

Padauk 10 String #4951
DBM Tuning

Thu May 09, 2019 3:29 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

so.. any solutions for tagg siting down stand ?

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Thu May 09, 2019 9:15 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I think somebody would have to come up with a short cymbal stand, that you can easily adjust the height, to be able to play standing or sitting. It seems all the cymbal stands are too tall for sitting. Although if you were to cut the posts to shorten them, it may give you enough stroke to do either or.
This is my current tagg the cymbal stand is as low as it will go, and I play it standing up. Image

Fri May 10, 2019 12:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next