It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:08 am

Crossover frequencies (HX Stomp question) 
Post Re: Crossover frequencies (HX Stomp question)
Indy Vidual wrote:
Michael...

Thanks for the template. I'm new to both Stick and HX Stomp, and this was an excellent way to hit the ground running with this device. Thanks much!

You are welcome. It is very basic, but a pretty good launch point.

I literally spent 2 hours yesterday playing the same riff over and over...and over... trying to get it just right. Don't be afraid to mess with all those sliders. For that basic preset, I recorded an 8-bar phrase into the looper and then just let it play while I changed things. It worked pretty well to hear it in motion.

I highly recommend Jason Sadites videos on building presets. He has some very creative ways of squeezing out all he can from that 6-block limit.

Most of all: Enjoy the journey!

:D
Michael

P.S. Here is a finished patch for my ACTV2. Switch 1 is Delay on the melody, Switch 2 is Phaser on the bass, Switch 3 is Tap/Tuner.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:34 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

"I wondered how you handled that with the awesome, gritty bass tone you got on your instrument. I don't have an expression pedal yet. It's part of the long term plan.

Thank you so much for sharing the patch! I'm going to give it a go on my instrument as well."

My pleasure, Michael! The Stomp is a game changer, I love discussing with others, learning more about it, and sharing what I can. Thanks for sharing your preset as well!

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:52 am
bizon wrote:
My pleasure, Michael! The Stomp is a game changer, I love discussing with others, learning more about it, and sharing what I can. Thanks for sharing your preset as well!

I do too! Mainly because I have no idea what I’m doing. :lol:

Just looking at your preset pointed out to me that I was not sending dual mono out to my PA. Now that I see how you panned the output it makes perfect sense and I now have individual volume control both on my speaker and the output of the Stomp per side of the Stick.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:50 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

euphtub wrote:
bizon wrote:

I do too! Mainly because I have no idea what I’m doing. :lol:

Just looking at your preset pointed out to me that I was not sending dual mono out to my PA. Now that I see how you panned the output it makes perfect sense and I now have individual volume control both on my speaker and the output of the Stomp per side of the Stick.

Alternatively, you could have both side of the stick processed with their own stereo effects, with one side going out of the Main L/R, and one side through the Send L/R, but that takes up a lot more DSP

Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:25 pm
bizon wrote:
Alternatively, you could have both side of the stick processed with their own stereo effects, with one side going out of the Main L/R, and one side through the Send L/R, but that takes up a lot more DSP

Doesn’t it also take up a block to send?

Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:03 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

euphtub wrote:
bizon wrote:

No, it doesn't, just drag down the mixer block at the end of the chain and it'll automatically route one side of the Y Split output to Send L/R.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:29 pm
bizon wrote:
euphtub wrote:
bizon wrote:

No, it doesn't, just drag down the mixer block at the end of the chain and it'll automatically route one side of the Y Split output to Send L/R.

Well that is an interesting development. Thank you for the tip.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:08 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

euphtub wrote:
bizon wrote:
euphtub wrote:
bizon wrote:

Well that is an interesting development. Thank you for the tip.

Pleasure!

Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:06 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Would you guys be up for a FHF on this? I think it's time to get the ball rolling again with FHF and this would be a great discussion.

Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

earthgene wrote:
Would you guys be up for a FHF on this? I think it's time to get the ball rolling again with FHF and this would be a great discussion.

Sounds like a great idea, I'd recommend doing at least two, and narrow the focus a bit for each session as these effects have routing, eq, dynamics/IR&mixing functions most other effects pedals don't have letting us ditch di boxes and mixers. Then the actual effects used can be a whole other subject. There could be an enormous amount of info for just one FHF session.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:52 pm