It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 am

JBL Eon One Compact + Art Dual Direct 

Post JBL Eon One Compact + Art Dual Direct
Hi, all; I got a JBL Eon One Compact back just before Christmas. It's the best battery powered (rechargeable) amp I've ever used. The volume and bass it can put out is amazing and I can count the number of times I've had to charge the battery since then on the fingers of one hand.

So I've been connecting my Stick-up - equipped Stick directly to it. The relatively low impedance of the inputs chokes the tone somewhat - as I expected - but I could compensate using the units built-in EQ, so that was ok. I could have used a preamp - I've got a few - but getting ok tone with the JBL's EQ, I kept just plugging directly in.

So I've been getting some modest recording gear, such as the Tascom 24-channel Portastudio. So I got an Art Dual Direct box, the active model. Very cheap, but it gave me good tone when recording Stick.

So on a whim, I used it to connect my Stick through it into the JBL Eon One Compact to see what the impedance matching and active boost would do. OMG! With a perfectly flat EQ, the tone was so fat! Volume was too loud for me with the volume turned up about halfway.

I have effects and pre-amps and stuff but I always liked the natural Stick(up) tone. So this will be my default setup for many of my playing situations.

Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: JBL Eon One Compact + Art Dual Direct
thank you very much for sharing about your busking experience.

For a long time i was interested to investigate about the optimal
equipment to do it.
So about the amps...i watched Utube videos
and readed opinions ... so the better i saw it was :

bose s1 pro , roland kc 110(220) , roland ba 330 , jbl eon one
and some other stuff .

but i think it is difficult to select one of this!
about the preamp i think the active direct box is perfect.

bye.

the GRID(MIDI) #4959# 10 deep bass/baritone- ROSEWOOD
the RAILBOARD #no serial#10 re-worked(to re-work) -gunmetal

Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 am