It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

Performance looper? 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Performance looper?
The best one IMHO for the price is the TC Electronic Ditto X4 (full stereo, two loops, some basic and funny effects).

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Performance looper?
gpoorman wrote:
Ted S. wrote:
I used to use the Boss RC-300 looper before moving to PC based phrase sampling and looping.

What software do you use?

I've used an Echoplex Digital Pro for ages and still haven't found anything that will do all of the same functions. Especially in software. The closest I came was Mobius. Incredible piece of freeware but the author stopped updating it years ago and the last release is still 32-bit. So I run a full computer setup except that I run aux send/return to my EDP for looping.

Sorry I missed this question earlier. I was using Ableton Live 10 with ClyphX Pro, which is a third party script, MIDI mapped to a FCB1010 pedal, and another pad controller.

This thing with ClyphX Pro is that you need to program the clips to trigger actions and have it all mapped out, so there's a bit of a learning curve to getting started. But it can handle pretty much any scenario you throw at it. Also, ClyphX Pro isn't yet compatible with Live 11, only 10.

~T

#5484 Padauk 12 String Grand Stick, PASV-4 MR
#5727 Osage Orange 10 String Stick, PASV-4 MR

- Ted

Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery