It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:36 pm

FX chain 

Post FX chain
Well folks, I've been playing guitar and related instruments for 54 years but have to admit to not really knowing my way around effects and stuff ... quite often I thought I had dialled in the perfect effect mix on my multi-effect thing in the evening and came near to puking over it first thing the next day :oops:
I'm starting from scratch now, selling my Boss ME-80 and getting single small effects, turn a knob when playing live instead of entering Edit mode and saving every time. I've ordered a Compressor to use with the bass side, and a distortion pedal for the treble side of the Stick now.
Question: do I put these things between the Stick and the StepAbout Pre-Amp? Or between the StepAbout and the amps?? Sorry very noob-type question but I simply know too little about all this. Thanks in advance for patience (if you've read this far, you definitely deserve it) and any useful answers.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:49 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: FX chain
While some effects pedals will have a proper impedance (like 1 MOhm) to handle an instrument level signal, the pre-amp is generally the first step, setting up the basic tone and signal level for the rest of the signal chain.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: FX chain
robmartino wrote:
While some effects pedals will have a proper impedance (like 1 MOhm) to handle an instrument level signal, the pre-amp is generally the first step, setting up the basic tone and signal level for the rest of the signal chain.

Thank you!

Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:22 am