It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

Boss GT-1000Core - Stereo Input Chains!!! 

Post Boss GT-1000Core - Stereo Input Chains!!!
Hi everybody,

While I am (not so) patiently waiting for my new NS/Stick to arrive, I thought I would reopen an old discussion regarding Stereo Digital Effects Processing. I am primarily a bass player and have been using the Boss GT-1000Core for several years. I love it. The NS/Stick (like most Sticks I believe) routes separate outputs for bass and treble sides, and I know many Stick Players route their signal paths through two different processor chains.

But did you know... The GT-1000Core (and probably its big sister the GT-1000 too but I haven't confirmed) is capable of receiving two inputs (L and R) and routing each through its own signal chain? So for example, I could have compression on the bass side, and delay and chorus on the treble side. And, you then have the option of sending the two chains out to separate outputs (out to separate amps or a mixing console) or combining them internally at the end of the processing into a single output, using the internal mixer function, and then out to a single amp which is what I am intending.

Maybe lots of other processors do this routinely now but I didn't think so. If anyone has questions about specifically how this is done let me know.

Anyone else out there using the GT-1000 or GT-10000Core with the Stick? If so, I'd love to hear how its working for you and maybe even exchange patch settings some time?

Thanks,

Evan
(Lots of you know me as Barry but I go by Evan these days. Hello old friends!)

Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:22 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Boss GT-1000Core - Stereo Input Chains!!!
Sometime ago I read a post, talking about using a GT1000Core as you've described. I guess that was you!

You'll be interested to know, on the strength of that post I got myself a GT1000Core. I've only had it a few weeks, so have not dived deep enough as yet to be overly-clever with programming, but I'd certainly be interested in trying any patches you have, if thats OK? It would at least give me the best starting point for my own experiments.

I've used Boss GT5's and 6's before and even a couple of SE70's but later it seemed that Line 6 had a better take on the multiple-input dual pathway approach that is an obvious necessity for the Stick. So I got a Helix. The problem was I couldn't get a usable sound out of it. (To my ears!) so I'll be moving it on soon!

In the first minute of scrolling through the presets on the GT1000Core I'd found several warm sounding usable patches (although not set up for a dual input, I mono'd the Sticks output). A good start, and I'm glad to be back in more familier Boss territory.

Thanks for the unintentional nudge! We should start a GT1000 sub forum and patch exchange!

All the best from the UK

Steve

Red Grand Railboard 7164 "Iron Man" June 21 2018

Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Thanks for the reply Steve. Here's notes on how to set the GT-1000Core to use as described.

Move the DIVIDER 1 to the front of the EFFECT CHAIN for the PATCH and set the MODE: DUAL and ROUTING: SELECTOR.
This will allow for two separate input paths for the GT-1000CORE.
Check out the GT-1000CORE Parameter Guide: page 27 for related settings.

It wasn't me that posted about the GT-1000Core previously so let me know if you ever find that post. I would be delighted to share patches and settings with you. The thing is, I am currently temporarily Stick-less. I have owned 3 in the past and am anxiously waiting for my new Cobalt Blue NS (should be any day now... ... ...) Love the idea of a sub-forum. Let's stay in touch. Let me know if you have any questions about the GT-1000Core. If you haven't already, I highly recommend using the BTS for GT-1000 software. Makes patch editing and library functions a snap.

Cheers. -Evan

Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:42 am

For anyone interested, I attached the page from Roland's Parameter Guide Page 26 showing how to set up Dual Input Routing on the GT-1000Core.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:12 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Cheers Evan.

I'll give it a go and see where it leads! Thanks for the guidance!
Yes, keep in touch. As soon as I have a workable patch I'll post it. Although it'll be a slow process until I'm more comfortable with the device!

All the best from the UK!

Steve

Red Grand Railboard 7164 "Iron Man" June 21 2018

Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:45 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Calling some GT-1000 Core experts!
I'm hesitating in purchasing this device to replace some individual pedals and have less gear to carry.
I'm trying to figure out if something crucial to me is possible but couldn't find a reliable information. Maybe some here could help me or try to have a look at their device?
Here is my question : once you have set your parallel effect chains for both melody and bass strings (let's say that input A goes to melody effect chain and input B to bass effect chain), can you program your GT so pushing an external footswitch (or with an external midi controller), you send the input A to the bass effect chain or the input B to the melody effect chain?
Thanks for any information!

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:59 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Cool stuff!

FWIW for those looking at options. the Line6 HX Stomp does this as well. I have one and it's truly awesome.

My only wish is for more processing power. Running a stereo chain consumes a lot of resources, which limits how much stuff you can put in each chain. Depends on what modules you choose to run... some are hungrier than others.

Have you run into this with the Boss?

Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:50 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

The Boss has more power or the modules need less power. I think that with the Boss, you can engage 24 effects modules at the same time. Owners would confirm.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery