It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

stepabout 1 & 2 gen diifference 
Contributor
Contributor

Post stepabout 1 & 2 gen diifference
hi guys,
what difference from first to second generation of stepabout??
thank all for info.
Gabry

Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:50 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: stepabout 1 & 2 gen diifference
Quote:
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2?
The new version of the StepABout features a sleeker housing, with modular components and an easy access battery compartment. Also, the headphone/tuner jack has been split into two separate jacks, a mini plug for headphones and a 1/4" out for the tuner, which can also function as an extra unswitched mono output of both channels. The bass and treble controls for each channel are now on separate pots instead of the higher profile stacked pot.

The manuals for v1 and v2 can be found here:
https://basslab.de/stepabout-elektronics/

#5484 Padauk 12 String Grand Stick, PASV-4 MR
#5727 Osage Orange 10 String Stick, PASV-4 MR

- Ted

Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:20 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: stepabout 1 & 2 gen diifference
I've got to say that I absolutely love the Stepabout, gen 2. I use an NS/Stick and previously used a Grand Stick, and this thing really warms up the sound in a good way, not the way that analog equipment too frequently does by making it muddy and less distinct. Having greater eq control than is available on the instrument is a real plus and having a headphone out AND a tuner out is super helpful. The routing feature may be the best part for me because I play the instrument in stereo with 2 different effect paths and being able to switch either / both sides of the instrument to either / both effect paths is priceless. I've never owned a gen 1, but the upgrades in gen 2 make it worth the extra $.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:10 am