It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

AI CODA III, Versatility 

Post AI CODA III, Versatility
I just wanted to get an idea if other AI owners are using their amp for more than just plug & play. I have found that it is quite versatile. For instance, if I have an effect that is good as a mono effect, I'll run the stick (mono) into one channel, with a boss gt-8 or gt-6b into the loop, and then run a cable from my mac book to the other channel so I can jam w/ songs in I tunes. Additionally, I use the AI as a full spectrum sound stage for my television and movies. And if you haven't done so yet, run a music media player through it. I thought the amp sounded great with the stick, but it blows me away when I use it instead of my 6 piece computer speakers. My next case of GAS will be an additional AI cab.

Farmy

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:07 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: AI CODA III, Versatility
I certainly plan to incorporate my effects rig back into the Coda setup, I feel like I'm nearing the end of my "no effects" phase. :)

I started reworking some presets and find I have to tone down the effects with the Coda, there is an inherent richness there (not sure if there is something about the amp design that adds harmonic overtones or more midrange) but using the same effects I would use over headphones leads to an artificial, muddier sound on the Coda.

Running a stereo rig with two of these is probably heavenly...

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery