It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

Turbo Tuner... 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Turbo Tuner...
Below is my response to the below thread on Tappistry.org...

http://www.tappistry.org/forum/showthre ... eadid=1465

Thank you so much for posting this, I had never heard of this tuner before.

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

I have been so frustrated with my Peterson Strobosoft tuner and ordered this TurboTuner on Sunday night.

I am amazed at this product. I just got it this morning (in just 2 days) and within 10 minutes had my Inverted 5th's tuning setup on it for the Chapman Stick. The quickest, easiest, and most accurate tune I have ever had. I love this thing.

Now for the bad news...

My ears are ringing. After tuning up with the built-in microphone and becoming so overjoyed with this product, I decided to wire it into my system. I plugged a stereo cord into the output and was pleased that I still got both sides of my Stick with the product turned off. 

Then, the fateful moment that yielded a household-wide scream with a wake of ringing ears... I turned it on. Instantly a screaming feedback ensued as I hastily fumbled for the power switch on my amp.

Within minutes I was on the phone with Roger (the developer) and he confirmed my suspicions that yes, the external mic was still on and that it was on because of the Stereo cord that I had plugged into the output. Roger informed me that a mono cord into the output is the internal trigger that switches of the mic. Quick fix, silly me, and it works even better (imagine that) with a direct input.

Meeting Roger was certainly a treat. We got to talking and I had an overwhelming sense that this is a guy you can rely on. No wonder he made such a great product, he's been in Electrical Engineering for over 30 years and created this product because no other products on the market were quite up to his standard. 

Summary...

I highly recommend this product for anyone who needs a tuner (or a better tuner). In you have more than 6 strings it will pay for itself over and over again in saved frustration. This thing is super fast and easy to use. Roger is a joy to work with.

Buy this tuner you will love it. It is no sweat off Roger's back to give you a 30-day entirely risk-free guarantee because you won't need it at all because you won't want to part with this jewel.
Well worth the money.

-Curtis

Last edited by CurtisAbbott on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:05 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Turbo Tuner...
WOW...the product endorsement made me say "at any price", but...$130!!!??? Ordering mine this week. With another stick on the way that's 22 strings- and the PODX3 tuner ain't worth shit.

Marty

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:33 am