It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:31 pm

I love this little PreAmp... 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: I love this little PreAmp...
CurtisAbbott wrote:
Sorry about using such vague language. I meant before or after the main instrument cord which probably doesn't matter enough to even be detectable. So my use of the word chain was a poor word choice considering that is favored language for what goes on after ones instrument cord on it's way to whatever intended final destination.

It has to play a part but you may need to be a dog to hear the difference ;-) It does make sense to get into your buffer as soon as possible.

Apparently, Stevie Ray Vaughan played with the nastiest, longest, curly lead that his tech could find...whereas some guys like to pay $200 for precious metals.

I have chopped one of my Stick cables into two leads...but that was just because it was a bit too long!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:36 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

twizzle wrote:
Thanks DigiK, I have diagrams actually, but there doesn't seem to be one that says 'solder onto this tag and everything will magically work again!'

I hear you...I rewired my strange-tele last year (2 coil-tapped h/bs)...screwed up my drawing so I had to think my way out of it...you might come up with an interesting new tone mod :shock:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:42 am
Contributor
Contributor

Call me blind, but where's the link to the schematics for the onboard preamp? I'm interested in building one of these soon.

Solo Sounds | Southern Panhandle - Improg Sounds | #5527 (Dark Bamboo, Deep Baritone Melody, Stickup)

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:50 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Petary791 wrote:
Call me blind, but where's the link to the schematics for the onboard preamp? I'm interested in building one of these soon.

Eric's blog:
http://dovetailcomputing.com/music/2007 ... ck-preamp/

leading to:
http://www.till.com/articles/GuitarPreamp/index.html

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:52 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Petary791 wrote:

Oh...yer blind!

;-)

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:53 pm