It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am

Carvin AG100D Acoustic Amp 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Carvin AG100D Acoustic Amp
This morning I took shipment of a Carvin AG100D. Specs and info here:

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/ ... uct=AG100D

The amp has 3 channels, so it's be great for busking and coffee house gigs. The instrument channels are very flexible as far as shaping sound, and it only took a few minutes of experimenting to get a really nice Stick sound on both sides, straight into the amp. The bass side came through very clear and defined, whether I EQ'ed a fat, round sound, or a punchier mid-rangey sound. Very impressive. The melody side was bright and crisp. The onboard effects aren't anything particularly spectacular, but the reverb and chorus are definitely useable.

Next I ran the Stick through a Behringer V-Amp2 and Bass V-Amp to the AG100D, and inserted a TC Electronic M-One into the effects loop. The amp handled the modelers beautifully, even when choosing some of the distortion effects for the melody side. I'm more than happy with this amp, and considering the price, it's a big win. I highly recommend it, and Carvin in general.

Kris

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Carvin AG100D Acoustic Amp
I have to agree. I had never used Carvin gear before, however I heard from people who had and took the plunge. I could'nt happier for the money invested. It is exactly what they say it is. I use a DCM 1000 power amp and 4x10 cab.

Feeling gassy now, thanks a lot.... :shock:

Steve

#5313 10 String Paduak
Silver Pearl Linear Inlays
PASV4
Matched Reciprocal

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:35 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Carvin AG100D Acoustic Amp
Looks really good, but probably hideously priced here in the UK.

Don't think I'll be needing 100W any time soon though!

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:59 pm