It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 pm

1/4” Mono Plug to Two Mono 1/4” Sockets Adaptor 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post 1/4” Mono Plug to Two Mono 1/4” Sockets Adaptor
When I first got my stick I used to put the Bass through a Marshall MG30 and the melody side through a Roland Micro Cube - But then I had an idea probably because I'm lazy and only wanted to use 1 amp. I bought a 1/4” Mono Plug to Two Mono 1/4” Sockets Adaptor now I play through the Marshall MG30 clean channel using the adaptor with both Bass and Melody going into the same input - It works and sounds great for home use - I'm very happy - so happy I will not be buying another amp until something very special comes along !
Has anyone else tried this ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:51 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: 1/4” Mono Plug to Two Mono 1/4” Sockets Adaptor
I use one all the time. It's a great little addition the the gear collection.

Solo Sounds | Southern Panhandle - Improg Sounds | #5527 (Dark Bamboo, Deep Baritone Melody, Stickup)

Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:51 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi,
I've used one of these with my Stickup and found that my overall tone and volume is affected quite negatively (impedance loading, I think it's called). Definitely handy to have one around though.

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Andy is correct that these affect tone of the Stickup. They suck the highs right out. I have finally found a simple circuit for an active stereo (or more) to mono device and I'm planing on making one to try it out this summer. I'll post the results.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:47 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

EricTheGray wrote:
Andy is correct that these affect tone of the Stickup. They suck the highs right out. I have finally found a simple circuit for an active stereo (or more) to mono device and I'm planing on making one to try it out this summer. I'll post the results.

-Eric

Eric,

Could that little circuit we use just be combined on the input of a mono circuit or the output of the stereo one thus combining it to a mono output with any degradation of sound quality or is there more to it than that? (If so, I will need to correct something I said in another post.)

I would not have expect the device pictured & mentioned above to effect the sound. I am learning but my info stores must be missing vital information because to me that doesn't make sense.

Thanks again,

Curtis

Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:05 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

CurtisAbbott wrote:
Could that little circuit we use just be combined on the input of a mono circuit or the output of the stereo one thus combining it to a mono output with any degradation of sound quality or is there more to it than that? (If so, I will need to correct something I said in another post.)

I would not have expect the device pictured & mentioned above to effect the sound. I am learning but my info stores must be missing vital information because to me that doesn't make sense.

Thanks again,

Curtis

I don't think this would work. To combine 2 or more signals without degradation you really need a mixer circuit. Here's a simple one that I'm going to try when I get a chance:

http://www.muzique.com/schem/mixer.gif

I also have another one to try but I don't have an online link for it. I'm not an expert in any of this and I'm relying on my advisers and online resources. I certainly could be wrong here and I'm still looking for more information.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

EricTheGray wrote:
I don't think this would work. To combine 2 or more signals without degradation you really need a mixer circuit.

I think this is why flipping the PASV-4 into mono mode feels a little 'compromised'.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:26 pm