It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 am

Line 6 POX X3 Pro announced 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Line 6 POX X3 Pro announced
RichSnyder wrote:
I you have a chance check out this guy:

http://www.musicelectronix.com/

The Submarine sounds incredible with bass. No idea how it would sound with the Stick, but I can tell you in about 3 months. ;) I was wondering how a combo pedal of the Submarine for the bass side and the Stronghold for the melody side would sound.

Hi Rich,

I bought one of these a while back and it worked great on passive bass pickups. I did use it on my Stickup for a few weeks, but it didn't do enough for me to justify lugging another pedal around. I also found the tone control pretty useless for Stick sounds. It actually convinced me that just having a clean, high impedance preamp (3.3 MOhms, I think) doesn't necessarily make it ideal for Stick.

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Curtis - if you are thinking of selling this, I might be interested in buying or trading. I have been thinking of getting one - I need to sell my PodXTLive and Boss GT6, unless you would be interested in trading one floor pedal for two, :P .

Jim

CurtisAbbott wrote:
Mine is going back too. I really don't use it anyway.

-Curtis

10 String Paduak, PASV4, MR, #4858
12 String Bamboo, Stickup, MR, #5550

Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:39 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

adde65 wrote:
RichSnyder wrote:
I you have a chance check out this guy:

http://www.musicelectronix.com/

The Submarine sounds incredible with bass. No idea how it would sound with the Stick, but I can tell you in about 3 months. ;) I was wondering how a combo pedal of the Submarine for the bass side and the Stronghold for the melody side would sound.

Hi Rich,

I bought one of these a while back and it worked great on passive bass pickups. I did use it on my Stickup for a few weeks, but it didn't do enough for me to justify lugging another pedal around. I also found the tone control pretty useless for Stick sounds. It actually convinced me that just having a clean, high impedance preamp (3.3 MOhms, I think) doesn't necessarily make it ideal for Stick.

Cheers,
Andy

That was my fear. Probably sound good on the low notes, but you would lose punch on the higher notes.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:05 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

greg wrote:

The stompbox modeler looks like the most interesting of the lot for live performance. If it sounds good, it seems to have a lot of useful features.

I've recently been getting the urge to get back to pedals, so I've contacted some smaller manufacturers to see if I can get some fun ones to try out. I'll hopefully be reporting on their usefulness with The Stick soon.

The M13 stompbox modeler would be great for Stick if it had the ability to do dual mono instead of a stereo path. If you run two mono signals (B/M) into a stereo chorus, you'll end up with bleed into the L and R channels. Plus I'd like to be able to run, say, the bass with a filter effect and not the melody.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:30 am
Contributor
Contributor

I took my Live back and wanted to preorder the Pro. My guy at GC called Line 6 and the PODX3 Pro won't be available till July. Sooo...Back to my little gizmos and mixer for now...but I'm sure gonna miss those Tones...

Marty, Studio Shoe

P.S. Surgery was moved up a week. I'm going under the knife Mar.31st.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:13 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

On the Line 6 forums, the official word from Line 6 is August for a POD X3 Pro release. But we know how Line 6 is with the announced release dates....

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:33 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I just saw that on a french forum

A new product from Line 6, a kind of light M13. Looks very interesting as a mini (and powerful as I already read that on a forum with a guy from the Line6 staff) multi effect processor. Great for jam sessions where you d'ont want to take all your gear and still have some various sounds.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 am
Profile My Photo Gallery