It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

How to fix your MacBook 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post How to fix your MacBook
So i have this 12yr old Macbook that was given up for dead and i've had sporadic success with it's working and it suddenly went DEAD on me about two mos. ago. it's been plugged in and unresponsive despite prodding, coaxing, etc., so frustrated, i decided to uscrew a few screws and look inside. while i was carrying it over to the bench i DROPPED IT. i plugged it in and IT WORKS. (note to Mac users: this is not a recommended procedure) BUT...

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: How to fix your MacBook
When I was a maintenance man I used to regularly beat, pound,throw and drop things to make them work. I have also hit the back of my Stick to make the truss rod adjust faster.

BassLabs 10 string #5050
PASV4
baritone melody
Mesa Walk About bass amp
Mesa TA-15 amp

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: How to fix your MacBook
My father was an anaestisist, and sometimes joked: "Hit with the hamer: 50 cents. To know where: 100 dollar"...
Quite a bit of luck you had with the Macbook. I heard that old computers often stop because capacitors deteriorate. Almost impossible to repair :-(
I have this sweet old iBook that's just un-startable. Tried everything, nothing works...
Regards, Jaap

Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:51 am