It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

non-midi Pads for melody side 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: non-midi Pads for melody side
Thanks Karma- I can see how different ADSRs can be setup, my concern was how input level based triggering works. On the original AXE FX and Ultra, only the front guitar input signal or combined L/R inputs were regarded to determine this- so if there were bass and melody signals coming in the L and R channels, it couldn't differentiate the two for the purposes of triggering. Not sure if this was improved in the new version.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Rob - Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Not sure on the two global ADSR's but I'm 99% sure the gate/expander method would be completely independent. I'll pop a gate on each of the signal paths tonight and try it out for you.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Rob- Checked last night, and the master ADSR and envelope triggers are still driven by the main input or the left stereo input for Input 1 on the AxeFx2. Same as the first gen models. However, I did also confirm that the Gate Expander blocks are completely independent of each other and the main input triggering. To get different envelopes on each side of the Stick you could;
(A) Use the main input triggering for envelopes on one side of the Stick and a gate/expander on the other (leaving one more gate/expander for other duties)
(B) Use two gate/expanders (one for each side of the Stick) and leave the main trigger for other things.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:00 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

robmartino wrote:
Thanks Karma- I can see how different ADSRs can be setup, my concern was how input level based triggering works. On the original AXE FX and Ultra, only the front guitar input signal or combined L/R inputs were regarded to determine this- so if there were bass and melody signals coming in the L and R channels, it couldn't differentiate the two for the purposes of triggering. Not sure if this was improved in the new version.
Hi Rob,

On the TC-Fireworx, each input can have a completely separate signal path. I like this unit for filtering and dynamics control, and it has great monophonic pitch transposing capabilities. Each path can have lots of different modulators, including note pitch, trigger and ADSR.

The problem is that it quickly runs out of processing capability, so you would need to couple it with another unit for ambient effects, etc, but I really like it as a front end before other effects.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhgFQbZ3p90[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4gGf2EF18c[/youtube]

Bamboo #6277
Polycarb #2267

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:18 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Great post, there's a lot of ideas I'm going to look into as this is something into looking to do more of.

Can you upload patches into the gr-55?
Because midi is there, it might sense to find a midi file with the patch you like and upload into the gr. You would think roland would allow this but I don't know.

I got out of the gr's because of this very reason and use a motif es rack which I love. So you might consider getting a rack with the sounds you like.

The only "effects" I use are from my pod xt live which allows you to upload patches (though I've never tried). There's a nice reverb - long delay patch called "FX/So Long" that I like.

I have a sample of it here along with "DarkVox" from the motif:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L8ZBds ... ata_player

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 am