It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic Bookmark and Share  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 DIY DBro: -THE "HOLDER"! 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: DIY DBro: -THE "HOLDER"!
lminor7 wrote:
I see that lickmydoo apologized for resurrecting this thread. Being unfamiliar with this forum's culture I hope I'm not transgressing by doing the same thing. However!

After so much experimentation and purchasing all kinds of bibs and bobs to use as a lap stand, I must thank DBro for his marvelous simple solution to this problem and also for the fun I had watching the video :lol:

I made an experimental 'first try' using a scrap of finished wood I had around the house. Even though I have no coping saw, it came out great and as useful a lap stand as advertised. This means a lot to me as I'm still a nooob and am not used to this fret board. Fewer distractions means more ability to concentrate on learning this sublime instrument. I'm posting pics of my first attempt, and again THANK YOU for your help. It will make me a better player.

Cheers,
Harry

Sweet, Harry! Styling! The coping saw takes off those square edges at the bottom and makes 'em all roundy. But it's purely an aesthetic thing--as long as they aren't jabbing your thighs. Unless that's a feature for you, not a bug. :)

There's no rules against resurrecting old threads! There's really no rules at all that I'm aware of, although I would not recommend starting any posting with "Another reason why Rush sucks..." because Rush rules! and has many fans and followers around here. Unless you're in the "The Lounge" where we talk about politics, and fractals (mainly me!), and conspiracy theories, and alien abduction and whatnot, and then I might agree with you that Rush sucks (the Limbaugh kind)...

EarthGene once said (like last week) that every new Stickist has to make their own DBro Holder, just as a young padawan Jedi must make their own lightsaber. And then must post it here with your Stick for all to marvel at and glory over.

Well done, sir! Rocking it out!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/user/paigan0

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:14 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: DIY DBro: -THE "HOLDER"!
I swear my only regret with my Stick is not picking turquoise inlays...

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:52 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic Bookmark and Share  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6