It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 am

Helix Stomp 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Helix Stomp
Hey! I was wondering if you can run both sides of the Stick through the Helix Stomp. I have the big Helix, but was wanting something I can just take to a rehearsal without taking the big pedal board. thanks

Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:59 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Helix Stomp
My Stomp is dead and I don't use it anymore, but if 8 blocks for both signal outputs are enough for you, then this is perfect device.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:42 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi Randy,

I changed my effects over to the HX Stomp about two years ago. I run both sides through the same Stomp. Works great. I've been really happy with it. The sound is great and the footprint is really compact.

That said, yes, you are limited to 8 blocks total and you may get squeezed for DSP. I do all of my patches using a total of 6 blocks or less (a recent software upgrade increased the number of allowable blocks).

To manage the DSP consumption, see this web site:

https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

Ben Vesco calculates the DSP that each block consumes. So that table allows you to prefer to use blocks that consume less DSP.

Hope that helps.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:44 pm

Love my HX Stomp. It had great utility beyond just the effects. Works very well as a recording interface, and as a way to practice pretty much anywhere. A pair of headphones, your stick and the stomp and your golden. I plug a battery operated drum machine (Volca Sample) into the Aux input if I want a beat.

Its only downside is its painfully short power cord and the worst wall-wart designed by man. You will need an extension chord.

Railboard #7205 MR

Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:27 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Amberhawk wrote:
Love my HX Stomp. It had great utility beyond just the effects. Works very well as a recording interface, and as a way to practice pretty much anywhere. A pair of headphones, your stick and the stomp and your golden. I plug a battery operated drum machine (Volca Sample) into the Aux input if I want a beat.

Its only downside is its painfully short power cord and the worst wall-wart designed by man. You will need an extension chord.

I just discovered Line6 discontinued the much hated DC-3G power cord and has replaced it with the DC-3H. Not sure if it is longer or not. That’s why I quit using the Stomp at open mics and went back to bringing the larger Helix.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:49 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

MichNS wrote:
Amberhawk wrote:

I just discovered Line6 discontinued the much hated DC-3G power cord and has replaced it with the DC-3H. Not sure if it is longer or not. That’s why I quit using the Stomp at open mics and went back to bringing the larger Helix.

You could have purchased something like a Cioks4 or DC7, especially if you were using the Stomp with any other pedals on a board.

Padauk 10 String #4951
DBM Tuning

Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:22 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

TappistRT wrote:
You could have purchased something like a Cioks4 or DC7, especially if you were using the Stomp with any other pedals on a board.

Just using it by itself. At the time I bought it pre COVID space was a premium. Our new location is more spacious. I’ll take a look at your recommendations. Thanks!

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:24 pm

TappistRT wrote:
MichNS wrote:
Amberhawk wrote:

I have read many strong recommendations for the DC7 (with the correct adaptor cord) as a great solution. I don't really need a pedalboard at the moment though. Too busy trying to get better at the Stick to bother with lots of effects. For me the Helix is mostly a preamp with a little reverb and chorus, and a very portable way to practice.

Railboard #7205 MR

Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:51 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Agreed on that Amberhawk, a great small frame pedal that is very versatile. We did a bit on multi effects on Tap in time here:
https://tapintime.podbean.com/e/all-of- ... 604199947/

We also chatted with Igor Stolarsky of Line 6 in episode 13:
https://tapintime.podbean.com/e/stompin-with-stolarsky/

I like Stomp but I REALLY like the edit application as it allows me to visualize the sound. I expect you could transfer sounds from your Helix.

You can split the signal using the mixer and use two signal paths to add effects to the bass and melody sides of the Chapman Stick. If you are really into it, and you are running 2 full range powered speakers, you can run the melody side in mono and out stereo and routs your bass to the effects loop to send the bass signal to both amps using TRS to dual TS cables.

Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:09 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

earthgene wrote:
You can split the signal using the mixer and use two signal paths to add effects to the bass and melody sides of the Chapman Stick. If you are really into it, and you are running 2 full range powered speakers, you can run the melody side in mono and out stereo and routs your bass to the effects loop to send the bass signal to both amps using TRS to dual TS cables.

Sorry Gene, you lost me in there somewhere. I know bass & melody can each have an input to the unit (I have a Helix LT), I know signal paths can be split, I know that in addition to the main outputs the effects loop can be used for output too, but I'm not 100% clear where you're splitting & what's going where.

I think you're describing having both 'wet' & 'dry' outputs for both melody & bass, but I'm not sure?

Would it be possible to say that again in different words?

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup UnXd Para 4ths
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 UnXd Para 4ths
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 UnXd Para 4ths

Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:17 am