It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:10 am

GR-55 Setup 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post GR-55 Setup
My Railboard came back from SE today, with the new GK-3 pickup installed and the GR-55 guitar synthesizer. The pickup is on the melody strings only. I can't figure out how to get the bass strings to play while hooked up to the GR-55. I connected the small guitar cord from stick to the GK-3 normal pickup jack. Still no bass output.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:14 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: GR-55 Setup
I fiddled with the GR-55 some more...a simple fix..just a matter of pluging guitar out from GR-55 to bass amp....easy peasy

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Also you might want to make sure you set your GUITAR OUT setting in the setup to "BOTH" so you get both the hex pickup sound and your regular pickup sound coming out of the GUITAR OUT jack or you can set it so all you hear is your regular pickup sound

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

EDIT: I thought about this after I wrote it and realized what you were intending!! haha, so the melody side is only coming through the gk-3 pickup, and the bass side is going by standard 1/4 (just the tip of a stereo cable) into the GK-3 1/4 input and is being processed as the "normal guitar" option on the GR-55
GOT IT ;)
lol

:roll:
Wait, so how exactly is this all set up? I'm also getting my stick with a GK-3 on the melody side.
I had been assuming that I would have to split my signal as follows:
Stick stereo output >
Stereo ring/tip(melody/bass) splitter >
Melody side of splitter into GK-3 input, bass side of split directly to bass rig>
13-pin connector out of Gk-3 into GR-55.
Gr-55 and bass rig sound separately.

HOWEVER, your question here has implied to me that the GK-3 1/4 input is actually a... stereo input and that I'll be able to split both the bass and the melody down the 13-pin connector? Meaning one stereo 1/4 from chapman to GK-3, and one output cable via 13pin connector to gr-55? Your question then asked how to get the bypassed bass signal out of the gr-55 while the melody side gk-3 pickup still got processed by the gr-55, yes?
This would mean less wire coming off the stick...
Any help understanding this would be great!!!

10 String Classic Wenge Stick #6493
Ibanez Workshop Portamento Fretless 5 String

http://www.cartoonweapons.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/cartoonweapons

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:57 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Yes. There is a short guitar cable that connects the stick to the GK-3. A 13 pin cord connects the GK-3 to the GR-55. I was able to run a regular cord from the guitar out on the GR-55 to my bass amp. I used another cord running from the GR55 to my melody amp.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 am