It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 POD X3 Live... 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: POD X3 Live...
MarTroiD wrote:
Highjacking my ownthread...been dissecting T.L.'s Stickman C.D.(which I,m now convinced is a "dance" album) and the sounds he gets are way varied-and way cool.

Marty

My kids love dancing to it.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

...it's not the Holy Grail, that's for sure. The single most sinister thing they did with this unit is take 8 great wahs and place them AHEAD of the "STOMP" models- all the fuzz/dist. boxes. Fucking Useless. If it weren't for all the dual bass modeling capabilities I need for my soon-to-be new 12 string DBR, it could go back-but the things it doesn't do will just have to be worked around-if I can-and it still could go back. I went w/ Guitar Center for purchase- one guy remembered me from a year and a half ago because I was talking about the Stick back then-and they throw stuff in-I said I'd bring in the stick (haven't so far). My trusty ol' 20 yr.old AKG K-240 headphones couldn't cut the mustard so I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-7506-they seem O.K. Also, it's gonna be 4 mos. before I have a computer setup so in the meantime I needed a drumachine- the Alesis SR-16 is going to have to hold down the time; anybody aquainted w/ this toy? All observations/wisdom/tricks would be greatly appreciated: free download of tunes in 4 mos.,along with Tootsie Roll Pop at any gigs/poetryreadings/fishcleaningdemonstrations.

Later, Marty

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

MarTroiD wrote:
...it's not the Holy Grail, that's for sure. The single most sinister thing they did with this unit is take 8 great wahs and place them AHEAD of the "STOMP" models- all the fuzz/dist. boxes. Fucking Useless. If it weren't for all the dual bass modeling capabilities I need for my soon-to-be new 12 string DBR, it could go back-but the things it doesn't do will just have to be worked around-if I can-and it still could go back. I went w/ Guitar Center for purchase- one guy remembered me from a year and a half ago because I was talking about the Stick back then-and they throw stuff in-I said I'd bring in the stick (haven't so far). My trusty ol' 20 yr.old AKG K-240 headphones couldn't cut the mustard so I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-7506-they seem O.K. Also, it's gonna be 4 mos. before I have a computer setup so in the meantime I needed a drumachine- the Alesis SR-16 is going to have to hold down the time; anybody aquainted w/ this toy? All observations/wisdom/tricks would be greatly appreciated: free download of tunes in 4 mos.,along with Tootsie Roll Pop at any gigs/poetryreadings/fishcleaningdemonstrations.

Later, Marty

From what I remember you could move everything in your effects chain, is the wah locked up front?

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:55 am
Contributor
Contributor

The manual doesn't say how to do it- if it can at all- I'm gonna hafta check out thier forums on the website- unless someone here knows how and can lend support.

Marty

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:05 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

MarTroiD wrote:
The manual doesn't say how to do it- if it can at all- I'm gonna hafta check out thier forums on the website- unless someone here knows how and can lend support.

Marty

See page 4.3 in your manual. Appears you can do it, but little detail how. Somehow you select what you want to move, and one of those knobs I believe moves it for you.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:35 am
Contributor
Contributor

MichNS wrote:
MarTroiD wrote:

Marty

See page 4.3 in your manual. Appears you can do it, but little detail how. Somehow you select what you want to move, and one of those knobs I believe moves it for you.

Maybe you can do it when plugging it in on the computer?

Solo Sounds | Southern Panhandle - Improg Sounds | #5527 (Dark Bamboo, Deep Baritone Melody, Stickup)

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I checked Line6 forums-certain models(the stomps,the wahs) can't be moved in the chain. Oh well, gonna have to go back to the ol' Morley Power Wah-still the best for bass,IMHO. Morley was the first-and only vol/wah I ever used(w/a Big Muff in front) and I used 2 for both sides of the Stick years ago. I knew I'd wind up using the effects loop for something. Oh, and just for the record, the tuner sucks. Still keeping it though, Day8, having a blast. Some of the guitar amps sound great on the bass, and some of the bass amps sound great on the melody. Things will get even more confusing when the 12string DBR comes tapping on my door-

Marty, S.S.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:16 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Further Update...the acoustic guitar presets are incredible! The Stickup shines! It has straight-ahead board pre-amp emulations with lots of tweakage. And I forgot how much fun ECHO is! (I'm gonna hafta get a looper!)

Marty,trippin' back to 60's

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:50 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: POD X3 Live...Trouble in River City
Just came back from Guitar Center with a Replacement Unit...when I went to practice today the X3 decide to go inta Edit on it's own after about 4 minutes. It stayed on my Preset but changed the Amp Model tone settings,lowered volume settings. I switched back and forth to a different preset and it came back up the way it was, BUT. I had been reading the Line6 forums and someone mentioned a problem, I wasn't sure if it had done it to me before,'cause I thought I might had done something but, in retrospect, I think it did it before. G.C. was fine and dandy, I haven't filled out registration, and they're very lenient w/ the 30 days return/refund...BUT. Ya know, I really need this unit, it does(almost) everything I want...BUT. Everything I've ever read about Line6 products has been good, I waited after the bugs surfaced with the X3(on stickist.com before it went down)...I'm exasperated,tired,and I have to go back up to my room to rewrite the few presets I came up with before this blindside. Of course I'm giving it another chance..........BUT.

Marty

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I got RESIDENT STATUS!

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next