It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Ignore 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Ignore
I change my Graphite Grand Stick 6+6 with Rails, dual MIDI and PASV4 for any Grand Stick with Stickup and dual midi. If your Stick don't have GK pickups I also can exchange if you accept that I will remove GK pickpups from my XG. All the details to be negotiated. Contact me at priv and make a offer.

I'm from Poland, so EU destination is preffered. My Grand is beautifull instrument, but I preffer Stickup sound.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

10-String Deep Baritone Melody Padouk Stick #351 with XXL MIDI & Stickup
12-String Matched Reciprocal XG Grand Stick #5428 with dual MIDI & PASV-4
10-String Deep (-3 semitones) Standard Tarara Alto Stick #5689 with MIDI & Stickup

Last edited by mahabresq on Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Grand Stick EU Exchange
Hi

Have you considered just buying a Stickup? It's likely someone here has one and it would mean not losing your instrument.

I'm not going to lie, your stick is hugely tempting but I'd feel wrong exchanging it for my less valuable one.

Just a thought,

AxS

Rosewood Grand #1496, Matched Reciprocal

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes"

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:16 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I will gladly buy the original Stickup and instal in my Grand. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I can't do it directly with SE. If someone has used in a 6 + 6 system, I will gladly buy it. Conditions to be agreed.

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:56 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

If ever you find out you want to sell it instead of trading, I might be interested. I'm up in Norway, so technically outside the EU but still easier to arrange, or I could check to ship it to some friends in Sweden and drive there or something.

10-string Railboard #6410

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:11 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I totally respect your ambition! Myself, I both a PASV4 and a Stickup for my Grand, that I switch between. And I really like this combination! You just need to drill some extra holes for the Stickup to make the Stickup fit into the PASV block's pocket.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Last edited by Per Boysen on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Norstick wrote:
If ever you find out you want to sell it instead of trading, I might be interested. I'm up in Norway, so technically outside the EU but still easier to arrange, or I could check to ship it to some friends in Sweden and drive there or something.

Thanx for your offer, but I need a Grand.

I saw your other message regarding the choice of instrument and contact with Scandinavian players. In the above scope I can write the following in my terrible english, that:

If you need a contact with norwegian Stick players, definitely contact with Francesco.

http://francescohp.com/

He's nice guy.

To my knowledge, Steve Giedoso also lives temporarily in Norway.

http://www.stevegiedosh.com/about.html

"Tom from Chille" still can't decide if he wants to live in Poland, or Sweden, too. Maybe he will choose Norway? :) https://tomasdiazs.com/

Per is another player from Scandinavia. Both my GK pickups at Grand are from him ;)

As I observe the Stick environment over the years, many other players from Denmark and Finland have also passed through them. Look for them.

Anyway, If you are still not sure if Stick is something for you, then you can always start by buying some cheap one. On your place, I would try to buy this:

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/muziek-en- ... ousPage=lr

19 years ago, I bought his 2 numbers older brother - Padouk # 351. This is my beloved instrument. My family knows that my last will is that he should be buried with me. These old instruments, have their limitations, but if you don't go crazy with the tunings, it will fully satisfy you.

Listen to what albums they have recorded or are still recording on a similar class Stick's eg.: Guilermo Cides (all), Andy Salvanos (all), Steave Hahn (all), Marco Cerletti (all ... one), Greg Howard (Stick Figures) etc.

Could these guys be wrong?

Some give up playing on Stick, because they don't like his sound. De gustibus non est disputandum. As long as you don't mind the specific Stick sound, no other "touch guitar" will offer you the same ...... IMHO ...... I played and built a coople ....

10-String Deep Baritone Melody Padouk Stick #351 with XXL MIDI & Stickup
12-String Matched Reciprocal XG Grand Stick #5428 with dual MIDI & PASV-4
10-String Deep (-3 semitones) Standard Tarara Alto Stick #5689 with MIDI & Stickup

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery