It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm

10 string modern rosewood w/MIDI for sale 

Post 10 string modern rosewood w/MIDI for sale
10 String Rosewood Chapman Stick w/MIDI for sale - $2,550. Like new condition, with new medium gauge strings installed 2 months ago. This instrument has the most modern features, as listed below:
Fret Rails
3 way Adjustable Bridge
Flaps Dual Nut Unit
PASV-4 pickups
Adjustable Truss Rod (with an extra wrench!)
Roland GK-3 MIDI pickup
Moses Stick stand
Custom molded SKB hard-shell case

Please see the pictures at:
http://webpages.charter.net/mwinckler/stick/
I can also send you via PM whatever you would like a photo of.

A new stick with these features would total about $3,400. I'm selling for $2,550, and am firm on that price. Shipping and related costs will be up to the buyer, and insurance will be required. Local pickup would be great - I'm near Madison, Wisconsin. A buyer financed use of escrow.com will be fine with me, however Eric the Gray, who is an active member in the Stick community, will probably be willing to vouch for me. (Right, Eric?). I would like to avoid using Ebay, and hope to sell this great stick to someone on this forum or on Stickwire. Sorry, but I can only ship to the lower 48 in the US.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:58 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: 10 string modern rosewood w/MIDI for sale
This is a wonderful Stick and if I wanted a modern 10-string instead of a 12 it would not be for sale. I certainly vouch for Mike, he is a good friend. This is one of those few opportunities where you get a great Stick at a reasonable price and don't have to wait. Let's keep this one in the family and sell it to another forum member!

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:42 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I love the smell of altruism in the morning.

Looks like this one should sell real quick. Sorry you're moving on Mike...stay in touch :)

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:19 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Would you be willing to let go of just the case?

Solo Sounds | Southern Panhandle - Improg Sounds | #5527 (Dark Bamboo, Deep Baritone Melody, Stickup)

Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 am

Sorry - I probably should have mentioned that I don't want to separate anything out. Thanks for looking.

Mike

Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 am

Hi All-

I've decided to sweeten the deal a bit by adding a two channel mixer/preamp that works very well with the stick. The Crate CA1P has two high inpedance inputs with separate preamp sections, a built in chorus that to my ear sounds nice, and both mono XLR and 1/4" outputs. The manual for it can be found here:
http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/CA1P_CA1PD.pdf

Thanks, David, by the way, for your kind words. I'm setting the stick aside because I just couldn't find a position to play it in where I did not have my (previously broken) wrists make my hands go numb. I plan on continuing my interest in the stick, but peripherially, by playing guitar-stick music with Eric the Gray someday.

Mike

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in my stick. Jon will be purchasing it, so it is off the market. I'm so glad the stick sold to someone on the forum. This is such a great group.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:24 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

SenseDoor wrote:
Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in my stick. Jon will be purchasing it, so it is off the market. I'm so glad the stick sold to someone on the forum. This is such a great group.

Jon, this a perfect first Stick, it has everything. It is also very beautiful and I'm going to miss it being in town! I'm also really happy that it went to a forum member. Keep us posted and don't feel shy about asking more questions.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:24 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery