It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 am

10-string Railboard on Reverb 

Post 10-string Railboard on Reverb
10-string Railboard on Reverb: (NOT mine)

https://reverb.com/item/52954419-chapman-stick-railboard-10-strings-2022-blue

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come because it appears to be a regular 10-string railboard without any expensive add-ons but its got a marked up price.

I see on the website that railboards have gone up in price in the last 6 months. I ordered mine about 6 months ago for a few hundred dollars cheaper than they cost, but I think $2950 has a bit of a mark up on it.

Also, 18 months wait? They estimated mine would be 4 months. Supply chain has delayed it. Hopefully it'll be here within a year!

I'm shooting for a 12-string as my re-entry into the stick, but if anyone is wanting a 10-string railboard, maybe getting it quickly is worth the extra cash. (At this point, I'd pay more to get it now.)

Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:28 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: 10-string Railboard on Reverb
Last month, the prices of all Sticks went up. Yes. A sign of the times.

And yes...18-month wait is starting to sound correct. I ordered a new bamboo 10-string in Feb 2021. Due to all of the changes and current climate at SE (pandemic supply lines, labor shortage, passing of Emmett) it's been delayed three times.

Unfortunately, it's the era we're in. I'm not surprised that used Sticks are fetching higher prices.

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrianBaggett306

Lap Bars: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/chapma ... -lap-bars/
TAGG Interface: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/tagg-interface/

Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

snoitan wrote:
I ordered mine about 6 months ago...I'm shooting for a 12-string as my re-entry into the stick

Me too. My order was placed late September 2021. At present any estimate about delivery seems to be dependent on many uncontrolled variables. It will arrive when it arrives...

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:28 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

baggetthouse wrote:
Last month, the prices of all Sticks went up. Yes. A sign of the times.

And yes...18-month wait is starting to sound correct. I ordered a new bamboo 10-string in Feb 2021. Due to all of the changes and current climate at SE (pandemic supply lines, labor shortage, passing of Emmett) it's been delayed three times.

Unfortunately, it's the era we're in. I'm not surprised that used Sticks are fetching higher prices.

Ordered my bamboo SB8 same time you did.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Yeah scarcity does that. Since the AXE FM9 became unobtanium from supply shortages, used ones have sold for more than the price of their flagship. :roll:

I put my Stick order in a couple weeks ago and was quoted around 14 months lead time. Of course ymmv.

A listing like this sorely tempts me but likewise I'm holding out for a Grand Railboard, and tell myself the most cost-effective thing to do is be patient.

Besides, there aren't enough Sticks in the world, so I figure I'm being part of the solution by buying a new one. ;)

Gosh love that color, though!

http://www.facebook.com/qualitytimejazz

Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

snoitan wrote:
10-string Railboard on Reverb: (NOT mine)

https://reverb.com/item/52954419-chapman-stick-railboard-10-strings-2022-blue

(At this point, I'd pay more to get it now.)

With the soft case case included in the price ($150 @ SE and currently sold out), one would be paying $300 to have a Railboard now but you have to travel to the seller in LA and accept the color (the purple lighting in the picture makes the blue look different than what is shown on SE website).
That $300 doesn't seem like much given there is only one place in this arm of the Milky Way manufacturing them.

An ordering history data point:
I ordered my Railboard in April 2020 (GK-3 MIDI). It is now available (no GK-3). Yes, that's 2 years.
In October 2021, SE told me it would ready in about 4 weeks.

With COVID and the loss of the creator, no public information about SE's queue sizes and supply chains, prediction is difficult. Especially about the future (K. K. Steincke, Niels Bohr, ...)

Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:14 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

baggetthouse wrote:

Interesting to have a comment on an order that's not a Railboard.

tony.b wrote:
I ordered my Railboard in April 2020 (GK-3 MIDI). It is now available (no GK-3). Yes, that's 2 years.

Is that a 10 or a 12 string? I'm guessing 10?

zaubertuba wrote:
I put my Stick order in a couple weeks ago and was quoted around 14 months lead time. Of course ymmv.

Another factor to consider for very recent orders, it's not hard to imagine that the publicity surrounding Emmett's passing might have resulted in a surge (or at least swell) of orders?

We are told that patience is a virtue. I'm sure it's correct. :)

Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:01 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

wow... why would someone wait a year and a half, just to sell their instrument more or less as soon as it arrives ??

I don't know - something is not adding up....

I seem to think my Railboard 8 took about a year and a half, maybe two years to create, but I also told S.E. to take their time with it, and believe me it was well worth the wait.

*slightly off topic - but the picture of the bridge in that listing is quite intriguing, in that I'm surprised the individual bridge pieces are not uniform side by side and up against one another - but are angled somewhat - and have a space in the center... is that the design of the Railboard ??

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:58 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Big George Waters wrote:
wow... why would someone wait a year and a half, just to sell their instrument more or less as soon as it arrives ??

Maybe in that time they acquired a used one and came to prefer it? Or they started down a different musical path, or (sad but could also be a thing), came into bad financial times. A lot can happen in 15 months. :?

http://www.facebook.com/qualitytimejazz

Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:55 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Big George Waters wrote:

I've no idea, but looking at the name of the seller could it be that resale, at a profit, was the intention all along, on the assumption that there will always be someone willing to pay over the odds to avoid even just a few months wait?

Just speculation...

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:11 pm