It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

Phalanx 12 String for Sale 

Post Phalanx 12 String for Sale
Hey all! I'm selling my Phalanx 12 String. It was built before Mark had to take his hiatus so it was built by him. I'll post the description I have on the other listings below. I have it listed on other places for $5599, but I'm willing to negotiate on here. Let me know what you think is fair!
I have more pictures of the instrument and included gear. Feel free to ask!

This is the 12 string Phalanx model of Warr Guitar! It has two sets of 6 strings, both tuned in ascending fourths. The low set is the same as a 6 string bass: BEADGC, and the higher set is the same, but up one octave.

STRING LAYOUT: The configuration of the strings is meant for the higher set (which is usually played with the right hand), to be closer to the player's body. This way the player does not have to worry about his/her hands not being able to cross while playing!

WOODS AND HARDWARE: The woods used for the neck and body are Walnut, Mahogany, and Spruce, and Rosewood for the fretboard, with the neck being 7 layers. It has locking tuners, and individual adjustable saddles.

PICKUPS AND ELECTRONICS: The pickups used are Bartolini soapbars, doubled for each set of strings. There are two separate outputs for each of the sets of strings, as well as separate volume and tone controls for each. Along with the Bartolinis, there are piezo pickups in the bridges. The switches are to choose between the Bartolinis and the piezo, or both simultaneously.

Along with the difference in tone, the piezo pickups are also used for the midi outputs. There are two separate sets 13 pin jacks that can be sent to midi interfaces to be interpreted as whatever sound you choose through your software, (see the referenced video of Jim Wright showing that off).

EXTRA INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: I included the dual shoulder X strap that is often used with this instrument, as well as the instruction manual that came with it. There are two straplock strap pegs on the instrument that can be used with locking strap attachments, or with the normal leather strap end. There are 4 pre-drilled holes in the instrument for the strap pegs to be placed in, depending on the player's preference in angle and straps used.

The case is included, and has many handy little pockets in the zipper packs shown, as well as a nice deep pocket in the back that can be used to store the straps, or other longer, slimmer items. This is the case that came with the instrument, as suggested by Mark Warr.

The strings used are exposed core. I included a pack of strings specific to the Warr Guitar. The gauges are listed on that pack of strings, so if in the future you want to change brands you can reference those figures and go with a different company.

The hex wrenches for all of the possible hardware adjustments will be in the case, as well as the original padding for muting purposes at the top of the neck. The padding used by the company is the same non-slip material that is used for lining cupboards etc. and can be bought in many different colors. I replaced the top bass side with the green material that was a little thicker, but the black original mute material will be stored along with the hex wrenches. There are many options, depending on your aesthetic or functional preferences.

This instrument has been used very seldomly in the years that I've owned it. It has mostly stayed in it's case at home, which is part of the reason I'm selling it. It is a great instrument! Well made, and a great concept and addition to the lineage of tapping and touchstyle instruments! There are so many possibilities to it, that I hope whoever ends up with it has a blast exploring the possibilities and engaging new musical territories! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:28 pm