It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 am

For Sale: 10 String Stick #1216 in Greece (EU) 

Post For Sale: 10 String Stick #1216 in Greece (EU)
Hi everyone,

The time has come for me to part with my 10-string purpleheart Stick #1216 which I believe dates somewhere from the early-mid 1980s (EDIT: thanks to this amazing community it's now confirmed that this is a mid-1990s instrument (EDIT 2: confirmed by Stick Enterprises that this one was made in 1997).

It comes with:
* Adjustable bridge
* Adjustable truss rod
* Original adjustable belt hook and leather shoulder strap
* 3 tools for set up and maintenance
* Anvil flight case
* Y-cable
* Some literature

The Stick is in 100% MINT condition – not even cosmetic damage. It's always been stored in its flight case and sadly has a very low mileage on it.

You'll probably want to get new strings (as you would with any new instrument) however the Stick is perfectly set up with fantastic action and spotless intonation throughout the fretboard.

I'm based in Athens, Greece so shipping cost will probably only make sense in Europe but happy to ship anywhere.

Please reach out for more info if you're interested, happy to share more photos (looks like there's a limit of 5 photos).

Cheers,

Peter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by hobluj on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:04 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: For Sale: 10 String Stick #1216 in Greece (EU)
hobluj wrote:
#1216 which I believe dates somewhere from the early-mid 1980s.

It comes with:
* Adjustable bridge
* Adjustable truss rod
* Original adjustable belt hook and leather shoulder strap

Hi Peter,

That's a very nice looking instrument, but with those features & the rounded top to the headstock this instrument is not from the early to mid 1980's. The reason for the lowish number will be because it dates from the period of time after Emmett reset the number sequence.

Here are a few quotes from the Stick development timeline page https://stick.com/about/history/timeline/
Quote:
10-89 Hardwood instruments with single adjustable truss rod and stainless steel Fret Rods.
7-91 Adjustable bridge/tailpiece unit for 3-dimensional adjustment of individual strings, including a protruding "butt" for standing the instrument on end.
9-94 Adjustable belt-hook for elevation of instrument on the player.

I hope that info is useful.

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:13 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

hobluj wrote:
...my 10-string rosewood Stick #1216 which I believe dates somewhere from the early-mid 1980s.

Based on the photos and features, your Stick is from the mid 1990s. Those are great instruments. For over 20 years, I had #1283 from 1996.

All the best with your sale!

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrianBaggett306

Lap Bars: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/chapma ... -lap-bars/
TAGG Interface: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/tagg-interface/

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:52 am

Thank you David and Brian for the clarification!

The info that the Stick was from the 80s was passed on to me by the previous owner. I was aware of the serial numbers restart and that adjustable truss rod and bridge became standard later on just never connected the dots. You confirmed my suspicion that this is a more modern instrument for which I'm most grateful!

Didn't know about the headstock shape so thanks for that trivia too!

I have now edited the main post.

All the best,

Peter

Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:36 pm
Contributor
Contributor

hi, how much you sell it?

Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:12 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

You can avoid guesswork by contacting Stick Enterprises directly. I've owned three used instruments and each time, SE was able to tell me the exact date it was shipped new to the first owner, wood type, pickup type etc. They can tell you all you need to know about that instrument and more than you'll ever learn asking anyplace else.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:30 am

How much are you asking for the stick?

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:43 pm

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the long wait, it's been busy days but in the meantime I did manage to get more info on the Stick directly from the source (thanks Scott for the tip!)

So here's what Jeff from Stick Enterprises had to say:

"Stick #1216 is a purpleheart instrument that was made back in 1997. It was strung with classic tuning, light gauge strings and has the passive Stickup pickup. That is all the info I have on that instrument."

I have updated the original post accordingly.

As for the price, having done some research I will go with €2,800 + shipping which seems fair. Happy to hear from local experts if I got it wrong.

Thanks,

Peter

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:51 pm

That's a bit high.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:20 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Alien Jack wrote:
That's a bit high.

In the current market, for a fully adjustable Stick that seems like an attractive price to me.

Remember that getting a Stick to Europe adds both import Duty and a considerable shipping charge. Plus this Stock is available now, i.e. without a 2 year wait.

My recently delivered brand new Stick attracted 20% tax (~ 650 GBP) plus another 60 GBP 'Custom Duty) & carriage was 425 USD ~ 330 GBP (525 USD shipping really, but SE knock 100 off the shipping for foreign orders for new Sticks).

I've no idea of the tax & duty regime in Greece, but probably not massively different?

Doing a rough calculation I think that the 'delivered to the door in the UK' cost of a a brand new wooden 10 string with Stickups would be not far off 3800 GBP. And of course you would not be getting the Stick till around 2 years after placing the order.

I think that on that basis €2,800 + shipping for a fully adjustable Stick seems like good value.

I paid a bit more than that for my 10 string Graphite back in 2022 and then had to pay 20% tax on it since it was an 'import' from Switzerland. I was happy with the deal since it got me an adjustable Stick about 18 months before my Sept '21 order arrived.

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:57 am