It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:44 pm

Looking for Block pick up/Roland GR 55 and dual pick ups GS 

Post Looking for Block pick up/Roland GR 55 and dual pick ups GS
Hello Beautiful Stickists! I'm Looking for a used The Block, four pick up, pick up (mine is dirty and noisy. If anyone has some one to service that works too :D ) and a Roland GR 55 with dual pick ups for my 12 string Grand Stick.

Saying thanks in-advance.

D

SNo.: 5672

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:19 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Looking for Block pick up/Roland GR 55 and dual pick ups
If you give Stick Enterprises your S/N, would they sell you one, then ship it to you? I know there is a 2-year waiting period if they install it, but if they just send it to you, that wouldn't be too difficult.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:50 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Markussz wrote:
If you give Stick Enterprises your S/N, would they sell you one, then ship it to you? I know there is a 2-year waiting period if they install it, but if they just send it to you, that wouldn't be too difficult.

I think he's looking for a PASV-4 so he might be out of luck there. ut if it'a dirty controls that should be repairable

I wonder if he's tried tuner cleaner, or a local electronics shop should be able to replace pots/ rotary switch

and like you allude to, one nice thing is the pickup slide out so wouldn't have to take in the instrument

I wonder if SE would sell blank blocks to try some different pickup solutions
(I sort of wonder if alumitones would work well)

Last edited by begin again on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/amp ... h-cleaner/

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:40 am
Contributor
Contributor

I have a 10 string PAS-4 pickup sitting around, it doesn't work at 100% tho and is impossible for SE to repair or even send off to get fixed. Basically it works great in mono but for some reason the back melody side pickup doesn't work in stereo. I'd absolutely be willing to part with it

Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:23 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

My stick-up pu on my stick cannot adjust the volume on the bass side. For that repair I'm waiting on the 2-year repair waiting list. I'm going to call SE again in a few more months to see if I'm still near the bottom of the list. I'm lucky that I don't play outside of my house, so I can just walk over to the amp and adjust the volume, but this is not an ideal situation

Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:16 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

DQ2U951 wrote:
I have a 10 string PAS-4 pickup sitting around, it doesn't work at 100% tho and is impossible for SE to repair or even send off to get fixed. Basically it works great in mono but for some reason the back melody side pickup doesn't work in stereo. I'd absolutely be willing to part with it

sounds like he's looking for a grand (12) block. Though I don't know how the specs differ

Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:37 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Markussz wrote:
My stick-up pu on my stick cannot adjust the volume on the bass side. For that repair I'm waiting on the 2-year repair waiting list. I'm going to call SE again in a few more months to see if I'm still near the bottom of the list. I'm lucky that I don't play outside of my house, so I can just walk over to the amp and adjust the volume, but this is not an ideal situation

what's happening?
like does the volume knob have a "dead spot" or is the control smoothly moving, but no volume change (or other artifacts) happend?

Something else?

Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:39 am