It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:16 pm

Anyone have a stick for sale? 

Post Anyone have a stick for sale?
Hello I have been trying to find a used 10-string stick for sale or a new one in Ohio or the surrounding states. Does anyone know where I might be able to look? I've checked Ebay, Craigslist, numerous other sites, all the local music shops... nothing. I don't want to wait a year for an order and then hope I actually like the instrument when it shows up in the mail. I'd hate to order an instrument I haven't at least held in my hands. Can anyone help please?

thanks

Last edited by thigmotaxic on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:16 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Ayone have a stick for sale?
I may have mine to sell in a few weeks (Grand Rosewood Stick with GK2A and ACTV-2), once I receive my new Grand, but it may not be a good deal for you, because I'm located in Europe (you won't take advantage from the exchange rates these days). If you're still interested, send me a PM.

Bruno

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Ayone have a stick for sale?
Hello,

There is one 10 string on ebay from boxberger, it cost 2350 dollars.
The grozeil one may be great for you if you are ok with shipping price.
Every weeks i see some new used stick on the net or on this forum, so i think you will find one soon.

good luck thigmotaxic.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:33 am

Post Re: Anyone have a stick for sale?
Thanks for the replies. I did see the one on Ebay and I'm considering it. I'll keep an eye on this site for a while too

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:17 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Don't give your money to that guy. It's over priced, and it looks like it's a converted "Grid". Did he do this conversion himself, or did Emmett do it?There is also a knob missing from the Stickup. there is a reason it hasn't sold after 4 listings.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
I have a bamboo Stick with ACT-2 PU for sale if you are interested. Standard tuning. I have a couple of other Stick´s and I don´t use this one. Bought it second hand about a year ago and it´s in like new condition. As modern as it can be with adjustable bridge, flaps, rails and all that. Comes with a SKB case, a gigbag and a extra set of strings. It´s in Sweden but shipping is no problem.

Price? Don´t know. Cost around 2.600 new with case and all. Suggestions?

Sincerely//Jan

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:54 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Jim B. wrote:
Don't give your money to that guy. It's over priced, and it looks like it's a converted "Grid". Did he do this conversion himself, or did Emmett do it?There is also a knob missing from the Stickup. there is a reason it hasn't sold after 4 listings.

Converted Grid? All Sticks that are supplied from the factory with the GK option installed are called Grids (to the best of my knowledge) - my purple heart grand is and my paduak grand is - and it only has the slot pre-cut for the pickup, doesn't even have the GK installed.....

Regarding the price - considering it has $700 worth of GK on it - I figure is pretty fair. Now, I am a bit concerned about the missing knob, though you can get one from Stick Ent., makes me wonder if there were 'care' issues with it...

Dave

[color=#0000CC]http://www.ambientstickist.com

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:55 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

I will be selling my zebrawood Grand soon. I need the money to pay for my upcoming SG12, and I simply don't play it anymore. It is a beautiful instrument and has served me well, I just prefer the short-scale instruments now. I'll probably be ready to let it go in a couple of weeks or so.

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

heartstrings wrote:
I will be selling my zebrawood Grand soon. I need the money to pay for my upcoming SG12, and I simply don't play it anymore. It is a beautiful instrument and has served me well, I just prefer the short-scale instruments now. I'll probably be ready to let it go in a couple of weeks or so.

say it ain't so :( Am I going to be the lone member of the Zebra club?

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:10 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

DaveS wrote:
Jim B. wrote:

Converted Grid? All Sticks that are supplied from the factory with the GK option installed are called Grids (to the best of my knowledge) - my purple heart grand is and my paduak grand is - and it only has the slot pre-cut for the pickup, doesn't even have the GK installed.....

Regarding the price - considering it has $700 worth of GK on it - I figure is pretty fair. Now, I am a bit concerned about the missing knob, though you can get one from Stick Ent., makes me wonder if there were 'care' issues with it...

Dave

yeah, I think you're right about the Grid. I wouldn't buy it. The guy is a flake from what I hear. Notice how he doesn't mention the knob. How many other things isn't he mentioning?

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery