It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

12-String Grand for sale... 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: 12-String Grand for sale...
By the way, Strings 6-11 on the 12 String and the same as any Standard Bass tuned 10-String.

Strings 1-5 on a Classic tuned 12 String are the same as string 1-5 on a Classic tuned 10-String.

Strings 2-6 on a Classic Tuned 12 String are the same as strings 1-5 on a Baritone tuned 10-String.

Strings 1-5 on a Matched Reciprocal tuned 12 String are the same as strings 1-5 on a Matched Reciprocal tuned 10-String.

Strings 2-6 on a Matched Reciprocal tuned 12 String are the same as strings 1-5 on a Deep Baritone tuned 10-String.

Therefore, you can always just choose your tuning and which string set to focus on and save the additional flexibility that a 12-string affords for later. All of the various StickBook's by Greg Howard are written for a 10-string because there is a 10-string in every 12-string but not visa-versa.

I hope this helps.

-Curtis

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:13 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Probable sale in progress. I will update.

-Curtis

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:05 am
Contributor
Contributor

Sold and shipping in progress.

-Curtis

Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:43 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, that was fast, it is already there to Glasgow, Scotland. I had asked about International shipping and it definitely was more risk and hassle.

In order the insure it for over $999 both my SSN & his national ID would have been needed. I chose to self-insure it because this info was unavailable and I was already there.

Also, they hit the person receiving it with an unknown potential assessment of taxes, duties, and customs fee's that you must guarantee personally in the event of non-payment by the receiver. You must also provide your credit card and pre-agree to return shipping charges in the event of package non-delivery or refusal. Those charges, by the way, are shockingly expensive to one uninitiated to large parcel international shipping like myself. (You can do a whole container like you see on trains for $3-5K, and the Stick was close to 10% of that but allot faster.)

Any how I thought I would report on the process. When all goes well it is no big deal really, but if things were ever to go squirrelly it would be less than desirable circumstances.

-Curtis

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:09 am

And I'm the lucky recipient!

About Curtis - what a guy. Everything exactly as described (actually, better than described) and packaged and delivered at the speed of light!
Lets just say I'm a happy bunny!

Cheers

Ed

Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:16 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Your very kind, Ed. Enjoy.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:34 pm

CurtisAbbott wrote:
Does anyone out there know any good reason not to ship overseas? Obviously Stick Enterprises does.

What do you mean? I hadn't looked into it yet, I just assumed SE would ship to the UK..

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:35 am
Contributor
Contributor

SE does indeed ship overseas. I was referring to how many private individuals choose not to. For some reasons why they may feel that way read my post several above this one for my experience. (Though mine turned out great)

-Curtis

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:44 am

Ahh thanks Curtis, I though you meant that SE "obviously did" see reasons not to ship overseas. Nevermind...

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:09 am