It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

N/S Stick and Roland GR-55 or other Modeling devices 

Post N/S Stick and Roland GR-55 or other Modeling devices
Is anyone using the GR-55 or other modeling devices with a GR-55? I was wondering specifically about guitar sound modeling, versus amp modeling. How well does it work? do you know of any good demo videos?

Personally, I really like the idea of using both hands on a stringed instrument, but I'm a little unhappy about the tone of a string being tapped at a fret. I tend to enjoy stick players who use a lot of effects, like Tony Levin did in the 80s King Crimson. I'm thinking sound modeling might make up for my dislike of the basic tone, without sounding really "synthetic". Any thoughts?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:37 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: N/S Stick and Roland GR-55 or other Modeling devices
Tony squashes the hell out of the signal with a compressor, he also used the Phase 90 as well to get that sound. Also, he does not change strings often. I am a real fan of "dead" strings. To my ear they make the sound more organic and "woody". I really dislike that high glisten sound that some stick players get, it sound so brittle. but that is just my opinion.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:59 pm