It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

Going full-on NS/Stick 

Post Going full-on NS/Stick
ImageHey everyone!

This past rehearsal I brought along my fretless Sire M7 and my NS/Stick. I had planned on using the NS on only a couple of tunes..but..I ended up leaving the Sire in the gig bag! I had previously been setting up a mono patch on my Helix Rack for my NS. Well, I was loving the tones I was getting and when I put it to the test (nameley, my guitarist's screaming Parker Fly) well I was REALLY LOVING IT! And so were the guys. So I decided that for our next gig I will play the NS exclusivelly. My band mates have been wanting me to play my Stick on gigs but I simply have not worked out any of our exisiting tunes for Stick or even writtien new material on the Stick that would suit our style. So I figured what the heck? A bit of a compromise was in order. The NS/Stick + the versatility of my Helix Rack, Control, Mission Control EXP Pedal, and a super punchy 4X10 Mark Bass cab is an amazing combination. really cuts through. The NS's low B is in your face and growly! I use a bit of over-drive from a Dark Glass patch on the Helix that really makes the NS aggressive. a bit of LA Studio Comp, some Vintage Delay and Swell, chorus, some proper EQ and BOOM BOOM BAYA BOOM BAYAYAYA BOOM DIGGITY BABOOM!!!!
Yeah..this feeeeels goooooood.....

NS Stick #31114 w/GK2 Major 3rd tuning

Stanislav and The Lion
Birdsall/Leõn/Hayes
Strada-Sphere Radio Podcast

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Going full-on NS/Stick
Like seeing guys breaking the ice with this kind of gear.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Juan, will we get a chance to hear that tone (now that we're all GASsing about it)?!

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Is there a way to post patches here? Last I visited the Line 6 site patches were being posted in a rolling blog format. I recall something different over a year ago organized by genre, but could not find it. I've got one based on Chris Squire's rig, that uses a crossover to split the frequencies between bass and guitar amps. I made it for my NS, but would probably work wonders on Juan's 8 string as well.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Hey everyone,

Hopefully I will be posting some soundbytes here soon. as for the Helix patches I will have to figure that out. I've only had the Helix since Sept and I haven't even come close to scratching the surface of everything it can do, But, I will do some research!

Stanislav and The Lion
Birdsall/Leõn/Hayes

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:09 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

MichNS wrote:
Is there a way to post patches here? Last I visited the Line 6 site patches were being posted in a rolling blog format. I recall something different over a year ago organized by genre, but could not find it. I've got one based on Chris Squire's rig, that uses a crossover to split the frequencies between bass and guitar amps. I made it for my NS, but would probably work wonders on Juan's 8 string as well.

Man I would love to hear that patch!!!!!

Stanislav and The Lion
Birdsall/Leõn/Hayes

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Polyjuan wrote:
MichNS wrote:

Check your Ollinflutes email, I emailed it to you.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:41 am

MichNS wrote:
Polyjuan wrote:
MichNS wrote:

Check your Ollinflutes email, I emailed it to you.

Awesome!!! Thanx!!!

Stanislav and The Lion
Birdsall/Leõn/Hayes

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Last week I had two gigs where I played the NS exclusively.
The 1st was with Miss Meka Nism and her Creature Cabaret for the 2019 Orlando Fringe Fest. We had 2 guitarists,keys,percussion,accordion, 3 vocalists,and myself on NS Stick with the GK2 MIDI in full use. We also had some dancers and a variety of "characters" to grace the stage. It was an intense blast!
The next day my band Jupiter Groove had a show with the Dave LaRue band. I brought along my NS and a bass..but never ended up picking up the bass! We had a 40 min set where I played the NS on every tune. Our music is instrumental with plenty of guitar and bass solos..now being played on the NS! I LOVE THE TONE.
Tonight we are playing a show with tap guitarist Felix Martn in Winter Park, FL. I will bring my NS and a bass as a backup.It's a short set (20 mins) and we are doing our more aggressive songs. And, if memory serves, the room has a decent PA.
Next couple of shows we will be opening for Tony MacAlpine and later a show with YYNOT. I plan on playing the NS..and thinking that I need to work out one of our tunes for my 10 string poly..we'll see.
The NS Stick is turning heads. Our fans are used to our varied instruments. Our guitarist plays Parker Flys which are pretty damn unique in construction and tone. I have a 12 string bass and a 6 string with a tremelo that turns heads. And now the NS, turning both heads and ears on their sides.

Stanislav and The Lion
Birdsall/Leõn/Hayes

Fri May 24, 2019 6:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

We love seeing these posts Juan - can you post some on the gig reports? Or maybe some photos from the show? We want more!

Wed May 29, 2019 1:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery