It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

GK 2A MIDI pickup mounting 

Post GK 2A MIDI pickup mounting
Hello all!

My NS came with a GK 2A midi pickup. However, the unit was not mounted to the NS as the previous owner had taken it off. It works fine, he just hardley used it. Looks like everything came with it, including a metal mounting bracket, bezel adapters, tons of screws and some springs, a few strips of what looks like cushions to raise the pickup, some foam padding squares, and some sticky velcro. He even threw in a very nice 1/4 to 1/8" Mogami cable with nice Neutric connectors. I am assuming that the mounting bracket was never intended for the NS Stick but rather for a regular electric guitar or bass. I noticed that with the short cable plugged in that the barrel for the 1/8" connector interferes with the bridge. However, when I did a dry fit of the velcro it raises the unit just enough to where the cable clears the bridge.
All you NS Stick MIDI players...how is your GK2 or GK3 mounted?

NS Stick #31114 w/GK2 Major 3rd tuning

Stanislav and The Lion
Birdsall/Leõn/Hayes
Strada-Sphere Radio Podcast

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:22 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: GK 2A MIDI pickup mounting
I think the GK2 is smaller than the GK3 and easier to mount. I mounted my GK3 on the front of the instrument. From SE, it usually comes mounted on the back. I put my GK3 on a plate to raise it up so the selector switch could sit up over the bridge.

You've probably seen this GK2A install. Image

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Post Re: GK 2A MIDI pickup mounting
Thanx Russell!
Yes, I had to figure a way to raise the unit a bit so it would clear the bridge as well. Turns out that the Velcro I used gave me just enough clearance. I may go back and add a plate like you have...make one out of wood. But for now it has clearance for the short cable that runs from the NS output to the GK's 1/8" input. Image

NS Stick #31114 w/GK2 Major 3rd tuning

Stanislav and The Lion
Birdsall/Leõn/Hayes
Strada-Sphere Radio Podcast

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery