It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

NS Stick - Naturally Reliced 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: NS Stick - Naturally Reliced
Hey, the ole war paint look on a NS , your wearing the ole girl down. Definitely a Jaco thing.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Wow! That thing has been played! I'd leave it as is. I always thought the idea of paying someone to do that for you is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard but when it's earned it's another matter all together. All the wear and all the scratches tell a story.

FWIW though. It's still not quite Bob Culbertson relic'd but you've probably come closer than anyone else I've ever seen.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:22 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

gpoorman wrote:
Wow! That thing has been played! I'd leave it as is. I always thought the idea of paying someone to do that for you is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard but when it's earned it's another matter all together. All the wear and all the scratches tell a story.

+1

As a luthier, I have to admire the work & craftsmanship that goes into a "relic'd" guitar.

But as to the aesthetic? Nah...

Nothing wrong with a well-worn instrument. If it's properly maintained to be a pleasure to play, nothing wrong with some "battle scars", even to the point of being a bit of a disaster in appearance. Reminds me of my sons' well-worn, oft-repaired, well-loved teddy bears! :D

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:15 pm