It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am

guitarist seeking info please help 

Post guitarist seeking info please help
first off thanks to all, this is my first post. and i just had some questions before i purchase my ns stick. i have tried the search button but i have some specific questions. i like to play chord melody finger style jazz , and i also play some fretless bass. i will no doubt get the guitar tuned ns stick. first question is how well does this thing do when used finger style im sure i will tap but im planning on staying mainly finger style. and second my mind set is to use half of it in the bass range and half for guitar. so at the twelf fret its basicly a guitar correct. if i was to capo i could play the stuff i already know and it would be in the same range for frets 12-24. and lastly would you have a midi pickup installed at the factory or just wait. again thanks to all and if this has been covered im sorry.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: guitarist seeking info please help
drewzzz wrote:
first off thanks to all, this is my first post. and i just had some questions before i purchase my ns stick. i have tried the search button but i have some specific questions. i like to play chord melody finger style jazz , and i also play some fretless bass. i will no doubt get the guitar tuned ns stick. first question is how well does this thing do when used finger style im sure i will tap but im planning on staying mainly finger style. and second my mind set is to use half of it in the bass range and half for guitar. so at the twelf fret its basicly a guitar correct. if i was to capo i could play the stuff i already know and it would be in the same range for frets 12-24. and lastly would you have a midi pickup installed at the factory or just wait. again thanks to all and if this has been covered im sorry.

I've been experimenting lately with dual Schubb Capos and find that when you capo the NS, it seems to give the thin strings a little extra tension, making it nice for fingerpicking. Really nice at the 12th fret. Keep in mind the neck is wide so some of the chords you are familiar width may not be doable, but you now have access to some you've never had before. The NS requires a light touch for fingerpicking. I can't answer your MIDI question without knowing what your intentions are in what you will plug into. If you need it, it would be less hassle in my opinion to have SE do it before they ship you.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:38 pm