It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 am

Sold 

Post Sold
I'm selling my NS Stick.
It's a 2007, walnut with ebony stain. It is currently set up with dual bass recipricol tuning which is great for strictly bass playing. Have extra strings for straight 4ths tuning. It comes with anvil flight case, strap and stereo cable. It is in mint condition. Not working, so looking for cash flow.
1900.00 email sportster1819@gmail.com

Last edited by 1STNAMEBASSIST on Sat May 29, 2010 3:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:14 am

Post NS is back for sale
Check out the dual bass recipricol tuning on the stick website. Its another great option for the NS

Last edited by 1STNAMEBASSIST on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: NS Stick for sale in SW Florida
Here's something I've wondered about. Ever see a doubleneck bass with two four-string necks? One normal bass, the other piccolo. I'm thinking bassist Mark Egan had one in addition to the 4&8 doubleneck.

I'm thinking with an NS EADG normal bass and EADG piccolo gage. Granted you lose the low B, however with the gap between the 4th and 5th strings you have plenty of room to reach in and "snap" the G string just as well as a single four-stringer.

Same concept, one neck and stereo electronics. All the notes should be familiar. Use something like a Sansamp to beef up the low end and you should have a fully capable bass.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Sounds like another option for a versitile instrument like the ns.
The issue with the dual bass reciprical tuning is you need to use
light gauge strings on the side tuned in 4ths. The ball ends on the heavier strings won't fit into the seats attached to the tuners. And you can't switch the seats from one side of the stick to the other because of the different spacing. You could ream out the seats to fit heavier strings
but I don't want to make alterations unless I know I like the tuning.
Maybe you should ask Emmett if you can set it up for piccolo tuning. I don't see why not. It may be an interesting idea!

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

If for some reason SE does not have a suitable gage for a normal piccolo tuning, you could order some custom gages from D'Addario - I've seen pics from early NS players where I recognized the different colored string anchors. The SE strings work best for bass, but I'm thinking the top end will be a little more forgiving if need be.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm