It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 New NS/Stick necks - bamboo with Rails! 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: New NS/Stick necks - bamboo with Rails!
I agree with Don...the bamboo neck is my favorite as well...cuts right through a wall of distorted guitars...

of course that is probably not Don's favorite thing about it (though hey Don...it cuts right through a wall of distorted guitars...use it on your next Lana Lane thing).

Buy the bamboo...it is most moist

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

I am dying to try an NS with rails. Man its like how can you improve near perfection. Then again if I had an old ironwood I would have said the same thing. What is the big trip on the NS rails, like is it best for tapping and maybe a lil less for the hybrid approach? SO are all NS with rails now?

Cheers

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:51 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Man, you need to move to Santa Cruz 8-)..

*j*
.~
jRj

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:36 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same questions.....

I'm considering purchasing an NS... I already have a 10 string stick.

Also, anyone know what the lead times have been like with the NS lately?

Oceans wrote:
I am dying to try an NS with rails. Man its like how can you improve near perfection. Then again if I had an old ironwood I would have said the same thing. What is the big trip on the NS rails, like is it best for tapping and maybe a lil less for the hybrid approach? SO are all NS with rails now?

Cheers

10 string Nickle Plasma Railboard #6974 MR tuning.

http://www.randomfaktor.com

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:36 am

I ordered my NS on 30 April. I'd been told "about 1 - 1 1/2 months and possibly sooner", which I took to mean mid-June. I received notification that it was ready on 1 July. (I then had to delay receiving it because of a vacation.) An interim update on 6 June had been that it was almost done and just needed the MIDI installing, so that seems to have caused some delay. It did seem to have sat around the workshop for a while as it arrived filthy - covered in a thick layer of dust - which was disappointing, but shiny now (except the bits I can't get to properly until I take the strings off, which I'm not doing yet).

Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:30 am

Apparently it may take 11 years for me to answer lol. Bamboo NS played FANTASTIC and sounds as such. Felt great! The frets, the wood all added to the fast feel and response. Bottom line for me is tone.... the best!
/Don

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:39 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6