It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

now I'm a happy NS/Sticker 

Post now I'm a happy NS/Sticker
After many hours of thinking, pondering, internet seeking and some headaches, at last I have jumped into the world of stick with the magnificent NS :D
Not for the ease of playing, but rather for it's versatility, and decidedly I just feel more attracted to it. It just fits on me like a glove!

Best regards to all and merry Christmas

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:21 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: now I'm a happy NS/Sticker
Now that is SICK! :mrgreen:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:40 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Beautiful NS!!! Congrats and welcome!

Eric

Bamboo #6277
Polycarb #2267

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:03 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's beeeeeeeeuuuuutttttiiiiiifffffuuuullllll!!!!I'm still in the process of paying mine off,and I can't wait to be in your shoes. Along with checking out Don Schiff's work with the NS,check out Gary Jibilian. He has a lot of stuff on youtube,Anti-Gravity is one of my favorites. Have a GREAT TIME with your NS,and don't forget to allow atleast 2 hours per day,for sleeping. Nice Pic.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:38 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Score! You even got the MIDI pickup on there too. So, are ya running 2 signal paths with different fx on bass and melody? Or do you like to process the whole thing as one? I'd try throwin some compression and reverb to the whole thing but thats just how I like it. I use mine in mono mode alot but it is really fun to try separate tones for each group of 4. U can get some ripping distortion tones on NS with the bridge pickup (I think, or was it bridge and neck pickups?).

I'd guess your picking hand has to get used to the spacing huh? I think single note lines are pretty easy but I still get fumbled up when doing alot of string skipping or percussive strumming.

1 cool tip is to tap the note first with your left hand followed with 2 right hand plucks/picks. Each note right after the other. I guess it would be a tripilet? It will seem weird at first but you can get insane speed by doing it. badapedabadee

Also, I like to pretend you are a little kid just thwappin away at the notes in a free kind of style. Its tough to forget about theory or patterns but its a fun goal to have right!
Let us know what you find out, I'm still learning the 8 stringer myself. We should post some videos up in here, there is a lack of "dope" NS videos.

Oh, did you get the instruction sheet with it? Just remember to tweak the truss rod for the lowest action my friend.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:45 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Enjoy friend!!!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Gorgeous instrument! Congratulations!

...And Welcome! 8-)

http://www.facebook.com/qualitytimejazz

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:58 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Thanks to all
Since a week and a half playing with this toy, all I can say is that I feel like I've been wasting too many years with the guitar :lol: It's just great. The sound is astonishing

Oceans wrote:
Score! You even got the MIDI pickup on there too. So, are ya running 2 signal paths with different fx on bass and melody? Or do you like to process the whole thing as one?

I would like to try to run 2 signals for different treatment of the bass and guitar sides, but on theese days I cannot use my gear since I'm in my parents home in seville for christmas holydays (I've carried the NS and a little V-amp that I use for traveling with me) but i'll tell when I'm back home

Oceans wrote:
Oh, did you get the instruction sheet with it? Just remember to tweak the truss rod for the lowest action my friend.

Yes, the action is super-low, and there is a little string buzz that is uniform all over the neck that I think it's normal, and I've been checking the straightness of the neck as described on the instruction sheet and I think it's still not necessary to tweak the truss rod...

Best regards

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:57 pm

not yet stick wrote:
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's beeeeeeeeuuuuutttttiiiiiifffffuuuullllll!!!!I'm still in the process of paying mine off,and I can't wait to be in your shoes. Along with checking out Don Schiff's work with the NS,check out Gary Jibilian. He has a lot of stuff on youtube,Anti-Gravity is one of my favorites.

Yes, I've been checking out Schiff and Jibilian's work on youtube, they're great players (each one on his style), I'm glad I've discovered theese guys by discovering the NS
not yet stick wrote:
don't forget to allow atleast 2 hours per day,for sleeping.

That's not easy :mrgreen:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I think I have to come over your house and road test that thing for you.

;)

SB8 Stick Bass #5509, Standard 4th Tuning, Rosewood w/Linear Inlaid Frets

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery