It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 pm

New NS/Stick (bamboo/rails) or wait a bit and save on used? 

Post New NS/Stick (bamboo/rails) or wait a bit and save on used?
I posed this in another thread but it was a bit buried and maybe not appropriate there so I figure it probably needs it's own thread.

Here's my situation, I'm sold on the idea of an NS/Stick. I'd probably have one already if another company wasn't sitting on a refund of something that didn't work out for me. Due to that, the used one I was hoping for will probably be long gone by the time I have my cash in hand. My question is this:

Wait for another used deal and save a couple hundred, or order a new one with the bamboo neck and rails. The difference in price is pretty minimal considering how well these things keep their value. Like $300 or so. Is it worth it to have a brand spank'n new instrument with the updated fret type? Or save a few dollars (and wait some time) and get a used one?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: New NS/Stick (bamboo/rails) or wait a bit and save on us
Of my favorite instruments, half were brand new and half have been previously loved. Either way is good. However, if you are really looking for rails and bamboo you may consider the ready to ship new models. There is no wait and currently with the primary features (bamboo neck and rails) you mentioned. just a thought from someone who waited a while.

Rob

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:14 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: New NS/Stick (bamboo/rails) or wait a bit and save on us
rob5280 wrote:
Of my favorite instruments, half were brand new and half have been previously loved. Either way is good. However, if you are really looking for rails and bamboo you may consider the ready to ship new models. There is no wait and currently with the primary features (bamboo neck and rails) you mentioned. just a thought from someone who waited a while.

Rob

Yes, that's the plan, but never having touched a NS/Stick I don't even know if I want the bamboo/rails combo. I'm trying to discern if it's a definite step forward or just different. To me, at this point, the idea of ready to ship instruments is that they're ready to ship as opposed to having to wait for my cash to buy a used instrument.

Reading this all back makes me kind of think that I'm over thinking all this and I should just shut up and order one. It's not like either decision is a bad one.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:22 pm