It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am

The lick that wasn't 
Contributor
Contributor

Post The lick that wasn't
I'm sure all you guys have plenty of stories just like this...haha.

So i'm doing some fill in work, four shows, for a major band to help them finsih their U.S. dates after they get back from Europe.

One song has a run that I have been woodsheding through for over a week and was finaly just able to play yesterday. In fact, this SOB was such a pain in the balls that I almost began to wonder if I was going to be able to do these shows.

Anyway, today I finaly met with the guitar player in person and was able to go over everything and it turns out that the music he sent me on the "impossible run" was wrong. Hahahaha. The real lick I learned in less than two minutes.

Sure wish I would have known that before I put all that time into learing this. Oh well, it never hurts to have to play something outside your comfort zone on the ol/ NS/STICK.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:47 pm