It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 am

TRS or TS Cable? 

Post TRS or TS Cable?
Hi all,

When I first got my NS/Stick, it came with two cables:

- TRS to dual mono TS
- TRS to TRS

I've been using the TRS to TRS into my preamp and it's worked fine until last night when the cable suddenly seemed to fail. It never occurred to me to try using a standard guitar (TS) cable but I did and it seems to work. Can someone tell me if I really need TRS for some reason if not trying to go stereo out to two separate mono inputs?

Not sure if I am losing anything by just using the standard TS guitar cable.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Cheers,
Paul

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:55 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: TRS or TS Cable?
When I used to have a stick with the active pickup block, I used it in mono mode a majority of the time with a regular guitar cable, and it worked fine. Stereo mode sounded way better, but that wasn't because of the cable. It just sounds better when you're going into two separate units or a mixer or something, IMO.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Post Re: TRS or TS Cable?
Thanks for the reply. It seems that even though it came with a TRS to TRS cable, it's blending the stereo output no differently than a TS to TS standard guitar cable. My preamp input is standard mono so it sounds like it doesn't really matter.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:47 pm